So who backs up McCullough at the 4? | Syracusefan.com

So who backs up McCullough at the 4?

cuseguy

Living Legend
If Grant is indeed leaving, just dawned on me...

I guess Roberson could slide over and Johnson plays the 3.

But that still doesn't truly solve the problem.

I guess it will just remain a problem.

Will have to go with you stated above and possibly Christmas with DC or Chino in the middle

cuseguy said:
If Grant is indeed leaving, just dawned on me... I guess Roberson could slide over and Johnson plays the 3. But that still doesn't truly solve the problem. I guess it will just remain a problem.

Mix and match.

McCullough 3/4
Roberson 3/4
Rak 4/5
G 2/3
BJ 2/3

The 3 and 4 have options. But I would expect Roberson and McCullough to be 30+.

With other available options, I doubt Xmas gets any run at the 4. All his minutes will be required at the 5. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Roberson or McCullough needs to take some minutes at the 5 on occasion.

Any chance McCullough or Roberson develop a 3 point shot going into next year or will we be looking at a starting lineup with only one capable shooter and massive congestion inside the perimeter again?

Any chance McCullough or Roberson develop a 3 point shot going into next year or will we be looking at a starting lineup with only one capable shooter and massive congestion inside the perimeter again?
Roberson will be a good midrange shooter. McCullough will be be a better shooter than Grant from day one. The question with McCullough is if he can become consistant with his jumper.

I think the latter.

Hopefully BJ and Buss can come off the bench and provide a spark.

But you saw Roberson this year. Three-point shooting isn't his game. The same with McCullough.

Roberson will be a good midrange shooter. McCullough will be be a better shooter than Grant from day one. The question with McCullough is if he can become consistant with his jumper.

Only one game, but the one time I saw McCullough this year, he took one jumper and it was an airball.

God we are going to be so young and inexperienced next year. Lots of talent all over the floor, but I can see a reprise of the Donte Greene and Jonny Flynn frosh year. I really wish JB took some time to work Patterson and Roberson into the rotation this year.

We're effectively playing 6 highly inexperienced players next year.

Gbinije gets most of the back up minutes at both forward spots...when he isn't in for Joseph. Rak won't play anything but center next year. We are very thin at center (who knows if DC2 plays at this point) and I doubt Chino sees more than 5-6 minutes a game. Maybe BJ gets a few minutes at forward too if he can put on a few pounds of muscle over the summer. Expect both Roberson and McC to get 32+ minutes.

Only one game, but the one time I saw McCullough this year, he took one jumper and it was an airball.
Hmmm. With your repeated posts about how poorly McC has played, I just assumed you've seen him play more than once. Did you ever think that he had a poor game, was ill etc. I'll have to take your opinion with a grain of salt .

McCullough is going to spend a lot of time going in and coming out, because he will constantly be out of position defensively. I will be very surprised if he plays over 30 minutes. Can't see it with Roberson, either. I will take 20 from each. If they get a lot more, it either means that they are playing above expectations, or the other options are so bad, they aren't options.

I think it is safe to say that Cooney will get 30+, Xmas will be in the 20-30 range, depending upon foul issues, and Gbinijie will get 25+. The only thing that reduces Cooney's minutes, is if another viable shooter presents itself (Cue BJ & Buss!)

Mix and match.

McCullough 3/4
Roberson 3/4
Rak 4/5
G 2/3
BJ 2/3

Rak will play zero minutes at the 4.

There is plenty of talent left on this team whether Jerami stays or leaves. It is just very young talent. But, next years sophomores will be working their butts off this summer and will contribute. McCullough is one of the most talented freshman in the country. Hopefully JB will light a fire under him and he will become the monster that he is capable of. Kaleb will have some growing pains, but by the end of the year, he will be running this team. Roc is a senior and will take a step up. This team may be the opposite of this years, they will finish strong.

Mix and match.

McCullough 3/4
Roberson 3/4
Rak 4/5
G 2/3
BJ 2/3

We probably have more guys that can play multiple positions than any cuse team I can remember

Hmmm. With your repeated posts about how poorly McC has played, I just assumed you've seen him play more than once. Did you ever think that he had a poor game, was ill etc. I'll have to take your opinion with a grain of salt .
Lol...so true. I think he also called him a terrible rebounder etc.

ORRange said:
Seen him play as a junior and senior. But it gave me a good idea of his game. We'll see.

And since you've never seen him play, I'll have to take your comment with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
AZOrange said:
Lol...so true. I think he also called him a terrible rebounder etc.

He's not a good rebounder.

Have you seen him play?

what's the chances we can get chris mccullough into jersey #44 ?

AZOrange said:
Yes, why?

And what did you think? I don't mind hearing something positive. Lord knows we need to hear something good lately.

And what did you think? I don't mind hearing something positive. Lord knows we need to hear something good lately.
The only thing I could say for sure is his athleticism is off the charts. He makes grant look like Elvira ovcina. I really like his length on defense (I felt he played more than most high schoolers). I thought his shooting form looked good. My one negative is that I think he tends to be a watcher of the ball.

It won't matter. One of CMc and Roberson will be on the floor at all times.

AZOrange said:
The only thing I could say for sure is his athleticism is off the charts. He makes grant look like Elvira ovcina. I really like his length on defense (I felt he played more than most high schoolers). I thought his shooting form looked good. My one negative is that I think he tends to be a watcher of the ball.

No question, he's very athletic and passes the look test many times over. I just thought he was a bit passive and soft. But the potential is there. Hope he fulfills it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom