So who didn't think ND would be blown out by half | Syracusefan.com

So who didn't think ND would be blown out by half

CiscoCuse

2023 Cali Award Winner Regular Season Record
Too bad they NCAA FB doesn't play their championship like the B-ball program. ND should never had been in this game.

I thought it would be 14-7 or 10-0 -- something like that -- at the half. Always knew there was a possibility of a blow-out but was hoping ND's defense would bring their A+ game.

Oh well, this way I get to go to bed early. Last thing I want to watch is another bunch of SEC pros celebrating a National Championship. Good Night all.

No Big East officials, no NBC I knew they were going to get their ***** kicked. They still have Brent Musburger though.

Too bad they NCAA FB doesn't play their championship like the B-ball program. ND should never had been in this game.

Because there's never been a blowout in the hoops final?

I called it a month ago and won some money tonight because of it. ND did not deserve to be in this game and it showed.

I thought it would be a little closer at the half, but Bama would wear them down in the 2nd half and win by about 3 TDs. Didn't expect this much out of Bama's offense. They can't be stopped.

May not have been so bad at half, if not for that terrible call early on the Bama punt return. I'm not crying for ND, they get enough calls. But I really hate when refs make calls like that. The guy didn't catch it, so the other team must have interfered with him because people seem close to him now!

I called it a month ago and won some money tonight because of it. ND did not deserve to be in this game and it showed.

Undefeated teams deserve to be there. I hope they never change that part, even when they go to a 4 team playoff.

Undefeated teams deserve to be there. I hope they never change that part, even when they go to a 4 team playoff.

Meh...last year they used the eye test and as much as I bitched they got it right because LSU and Bama were the best teams. A&M and Oregon are better than ND (and yes I know that ND beat Stanford and Oregon didnt).

Its scary unfair to give Saban this much time to prepare. I think A&M probably will be voted #2 and Bama would have beaten them by 30+ tonight too. Only Oregon might have had a chance.

No Big East officials, no NBC I knew they were going to get their ***** kicked. They still have Brent Musburger though.
Not sure how many caught it, but Brent pretty much had an orgasm when he was introducing the viewing audience to AL McCarron's girl friend. Funny stuff.

Because there's never been a blowout in the hoops final?
It's the process...playing several games to get to the. FF is what determines a great team...while FB does not need to go to the extremes of BB... they should go to at least 4 teams playoff.

umm, they went 12-0 against a legit schedule. If you want to whine about how awesome a football playoff would be I'm cool with it, but tell the rest of the most deserving teams in the country to take care of their business. They absolutely deserved to be there -- they just got crushed by a much better program.

It's the process...playing several games to get to the. FF is what determines a great team...while FB does not need to go to the extremes of BB... they should go to at least 4 teams playoff.

I always love this arugment -- so a single 40-min game is better sample size than an entire season's worth of results? I mean, I don't love the football setup but it's not like the hoops set up delivers a "true champion" any more than the football setup does. I mean, are we really doubting that Alabama is the best team in the country?

Not sure how many caught it, but Brent pretty had an orgasm when he was introducing the viewing audience to AL McCarron's girl friend. Funny stuff.

That was awesome.

umm, they went 12-0 against a legit schedule. If you want to whine about how awesome a football playoff would be I'm cool with it, but tell the rest of the most deserving teams in the country to take care of their business. They absolutely deserved to be there -- they just got crushed by a much better program.

Thats fine but they are not the first or second best team in the country. #1 teams dont almost lose to Pitt and dont lose by 5 touchdowns in the title game. If the BCS (or BS is more like it) is supposed to match the 2 best teams in the country...it failed big time. The college football purists tried to cram it down your throat that this was good for college football. Another fail.

Thats fine but they are not the first or second best team in the country. #1 teams dont almost lose to Pitt and dont lose by 5 touchdowns in the title game. If the BCS (or BS is more like it) is supposed to match the 2 best teams in the country...it failed big time. The college football purists tried to cram it down your throat that this was good for college football. Another fail.

So when you have a playoff and Bama loses on some freak play and Oregon gets upset and it ends up ND/Florida or whatever the hell it would be you'd be happier? I like that they value the full season and most times end up with a really good game. And plenty of national champions have "almost lost" to teams, including pretty bad ones like Pitt. FSU won the '93 title after losing to ND but only b/c ND lost to an atrocious BC team. I mean, good teams lose to bad teams from time to time -- or at least barely avoid a loss.

So when you have a playoff and Bama loses on some freak play and Oregon gets upset and it ends up ND/Florida or whatever the hell it would be you'd be happier?

Yes I would. A playoff changes the spirit of everything because you win it on the field as opposed to winning a computer poll contest. Believe me I am so anti-the bet 2 teams need to play for the title. So anti. I would love to see Northern Illinois play Wisconsin for the title in a 16 team playoff. Playoffs make things so much more exciting and its easier to accept a bad title game knowing these teams beat the best to get there.

People had a rager for Florida and they should have lost to Lousiana-Some City I Can't Remember.

Transitive properties are silly in sports.

I always love this arugment -- so a single 40-min game is better sample size than an entire season's worth of results? I mean, I don't love the football setup but it's not like the hoops set up delivers a "true champion" any more than the football setup does. I mean, are we really doubting that Alabama is the best team in the country?
Not saying that Alabama would be there...BUT another team such as...anyone but ND!

Yes I would. A playoff changes the spirit of everything because you win it on the field as opposed to winning a computer poll contest. Believe me I am so anti-the bet 2 teams need to play for the title. So anti. I would love to see Northern Illinois play Wisconsin for the title in a 16 team playoff. Playoffs make things so much more exciting and its easier to accept a bad title game knowing these teams beat the best to get there.

I'm not watching a 16-team playoff -- you're going to have 3-loss teams in that thing. No thanks, renders the season largely academic. Maybe 8 teams, preferably 4 or 6 (with byes to the top 2). I like that games actually matter in college football. You can hammer ND but they beat all comers. I'm happy they got rewarded (if you call a punch by alabama a reward) for that.

I'm not watching a 16-team playoff -- you're going to have 3-loss teams in that thing. No thanks, renders the season largely academic. Maybe 8 teams, preferably 4 or 6 (with byes to the top 2). I like that games actually matter in college football. You can hammer ND but they beat all comers. I'm happy they got rewarded (if you call a punch by alabama a reward) for that.

I never liked that argument of the season is rendered academic. It works for basketball, it can work for football.

This, what is happening tonight isnt working and it needs to change.

I never liked that argument of the season is rendered academic. It works for basketball, it can work for football.

This, what is happening tonight isnt working and it needs to change.

I'm fine with change but 16? You're telling me there isn't a huge dropoff between, say, 5 and 14? Hoops works b/c they play 30+ games, preseason tournaments, and postseason tournaments. It's also a sport that is often defined by tournaments even at the amateur level. It's fine.

They play 12 games in football. a team that wins all 12 deserves some serious recognition vs. a team that wins 9.

I'm fine with change but 16? You're telling me there isn't a huge dropoff between, say, 5 and 14? Hoops works b/c they play 30+ games, preseason tournaments, and postseason tournaments. It's also a sport that is often defined by tournaments even at the amateur level. It's fine.

They play 12 games in football. a team that wins all 12 deserves some serious recognition vs. a team that wins 9.

It needs to get to at least get to 8. 16 may be a bit much (although it would be fun to watch)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom