So who do we root for in the Elite 8? | Syracusefan.com

So who do we root for in the Elite 8?

SWC75

Bored Historian
I'll still go in reverse order of championships won with the school who has waited the longest breaking ties:

Dayton- never (besides we could say we lost to the national champs by 2!)

Wisconsin- once, in 1941

Michigan- once in 1989 (and the former LeMoyne coach)

Arizona- once, in 1997

Michigan State- once in 2000 (and they are the Spartans)

Florida- twice

Connecticut- three

Kentucky- eight (and Calipari)

Actually, I'd invert the last two. Having UCONN win a fourth title would be really hard to take

We could have a completely unwatchable final of Kentucky vs. Connecticut. Ugh and double ugh.

How about Dayton vs. Wisconsin for all the marbles?

Oops. The Spartans have 2 of them. I still prefer them to Florida.
Me too. UConn would be unbearable, but their competition level is stepping up big time Sunday.

Wouldn't you rather believe that we could have / should have made it to the Final Four? I hate it when a team that beats us then becomes a bug on somebody else's windshield.

I prefer it the other way, I hate when a team beats us in the tourney and goes on a long run.

I don't want Michigan. They stole our finals last year. I know we played terribly, but then came back only to lose to a flopper. Then the flopper struck again tonight. Enough already. Michigan= the new Duke.
Virginia was my favorite going into tonight. I could root for Dayton, I guess. I have to forget what could have been for us.. I agree that we can then say that we just lost out to the team that went to the FF.
Never liked Wisconsin. I have nothing against Mich. St. and nothing against their coach. So they are ok also.

Dayton or Wisconsin I have no problem at all with. Normally I'm a little bitter towards the team who knocked us out, but not this year. We made 2 jump shots the whole game. I have no reason to have a problem with Wisconsin.

Michigan St...no real problem, but every ESPN analyst picking them rubs me wrong. And them getting another title when they are not a better program than us wouldn't quite sit right.

Same with Arizona. I can't deal with them getting 2 before us, because they are not better than us.

Florida getting 3, I'd really have a problem with. Do they even like basketball down there?

Michigan beat us on a garbage charge call, and then got the benefit of a ridiculous flop call tonight. I had no real problem with that school, but I hate the flop more than anything, so screw them.

Kentucky is disgusting. Coach Cal sickens me. I hate their whole scene. Horrible for the game.

And UConn? Friggin UConn? If that midmajor scrub program wins another title with a sucky team? I will quit watching college hoops forever. 100% serious. They sucked in 2011, and they suck this year. How lucky can they get?

There is no winning. *berries head in sand*

It's tough to do, but gotta root for both teams from Michigan this weekend.
Just can't stomach seeing UConn or Kentucky in another Final Four.

And Dayton moving on validates our loss somewhat.
Arizona/Wisconsin - really don't care, and oddly, that's the only 1-2 matchup left in the tourney.

For me last night was one huge disappointment. Every team I rooted for lost. The end of the bball season is turning into one big turd sandwich

Oh well - for the elite 8. Going with Dayton, Sparty and Wiscy. Arizona is meh for me but would take them over any of the remaining teams who cant lose enough for my tastes.

• The ACC and the B1G are in a legal and mortal death match since Syracuse had the nerve to join the ACC. So, no B1G teams , thank you.

I'll still go in reverse order of championships won with the school who has waited the longest breaking ties:

Dayton- never (besides we could say we lost to the national champs by 2!)

Wisconsin- once, in 1941

Michigan- once in 1989 (and the former LeMoyne coach)

Arizona- once, in 1997

Michigan State- once in 2000 (and they are the Spartans)

Florida- twice

Connecticut- three

Kentucky- eight (and Calipari)

Actually, I'd invert the last two. Having UCONN win a fourth title would be really hard to take

We could have a completely unwatchable final of Kentucky vs. Connecticut. Ugh and double ugh.

How about Dayton vs. Wisconsin for all the marbles?
The order you have them is the hierachy for how I will root. Dayton for sure will be my rooting interest, most mainly to see UK ,and UConn go bust.
3 B1G teams in FF?? Ugh.

It's tough to do, but gotta root for both teams from Michigan this weekend.
Just can't stomach seeing UConn or Kentucky in another Final Four.

And Dayton moving on validates our loss somewhat.
Arizona/Wisconsin - really don't care, and oddly, that's the only 1-2 matchup left in the tourney.
I can't root for Arizona. I don't hate them, they have a nice team, but I've never really liked them since the Lute Olsen era.
So I am holding my nose hugely to root for results giving 3 B1G teams in the FF. That's still not as bad as seeing UConn or Kentucky in another FF.

I hate every team for reasons already mentioned Only one missing is Gtown. It's so bad I was rooting for Ville last night. And I hate Ricky too. What to do? In order of the worst possible outcomes, I would UConn-vict #1, Kentucky #2, Mich #3 leading to end of world as we know it.

Only 2 teams I can root for are Dayton and Wiscy.

The games on Sunday make me want to vomit all over my tv.

*berries head

02a83cd5f9abb584881c61efaa015b7c.jpg

:D

I'd be ok with Wisconsin. They've been vastly underrated all season.

Arizona wouldn't tick me off, as they've been the best team all season long.

And Michigan State with the Adriean Payne story, I'd like to see that celebration. That would be heart warming at least.

Kentucky, Florida, UConn and Michigan can go kick rocks. Dayton would be a joke.