so you explain the NBA draft to me | Syracusefan.com

so you explain the NBA draft to me

upperdeck

Living Legend
why exactly is Lydon a high pick yet the mich kid Wagner is not listed at all? the Iowa state kid yesterday was awesome. there are literately dozens of kids who who look the same so why did Tyler get the jump on so many of them? Is it age/ Upside?

He plays for Syracuse. This is actually some of it.

Burton for ISU is good but is not an NBA stretch 4 at his height.

Wagner should be regarded more highly than TL - pretty much apples to apples comparison and Wagner is much more skilled and arguably a better shooter, might even have an inch or two on TL as well

He plays for Syracuse. This is actually some of it.

Burton for ISU is good but is not an NBA stretch 4 at his height.

I know his size is an issue for some spots, but he plays bigger and jumps better is more mobile and a much better handle. the Purdue kid couldnt guard him

why exactly is Lydon a high pick yet the mich kid Wagner is not listed at all? the Iowa state kid yesterday was awesome. there are literately dozens of kids who who look the same so why did Tyler get the jump on so many of them? Is it age/ Upside?

The farther Mich goes in the tourney the more his stock is going to go up, and he will pass TL.

try to think of the nba draft sites as similar to the preseason top 25 lists, except with even more inertia to change more slowly. the draft projections start as basically a list of the projected best players in college, I just don't think there is a lot of input from actual nba scouts on these lists. I also don't think that outside of the surefire top 5 or 10 guys that the scouts can tell a whole lot about the rest of the guys just from watching college games. I think most of it can be disregarded until the players actually get to the nba combine. for instance, I don't think we actually know anything about where lydon will go at this point, whereas had he attended the combine last year I think we would have a really good idea where he stood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom