So... | Syracusefan.com

So...

GoSU96

Living Legend
Between Maltz, Donahue, Rice, Ward, Galasso, and Staats that is a lot of guys for a position that doesn't rotate much.

Any of these guys capable of playing Middie?

Speaking of Middie, Lecky, Loy, Schoonmaker, Evans, and Walters would seem to be givens in the two deep. Who is the last guy on the second line?

Defensive Middie - Drew Jenkins has the most experience. Does Grimm stay there? Who else plays here? Seems to be the most uncertain spot on the team.

LSM - is Harris moving to close defense? If so is Macartney the starter. Anyone behind him after Niko Manning?

Defense - assuming Harris moves to D, Mullins (is he recovered?), Harris, and Young should be an excellent unit.

FOGO - open competition?

Goalie - is Lomolinara locked in?

Yes! Its about time we started talking Lax over here on the lax board ;)

attack: Think we will probably mostly see, Maltz, Rice, Donahue, and Galasso here... Think both Staats (if he makes it) and Ward can and will play some middie. Also like what DeJohn, DeJoe, Powderly, bring to the table... Younger Maltz might see time too. Tons of talent - Favorite player is Rice though, kid is an absolute gamer! Jeff Desko? Who knows? Matt Lane 6'8! Should probably just study Derek's every move all year long!

middie: Lecky, Loy and Schoonmaker are probably 1st liners - although that Ward, Evans and Staats trio could knock one of those guys off. Inexperienced here, but there's talent for sure. Would love to see Lecky emerge as a AA type of guy! Walters has a cannon, will probably see time on 2nd line.

Def: Mullins, Palasek, Harris, Young, Tait, will probably play the mins. Firman, Manning will probably be the poles with McCartney, and Grimm /Jenkins the two D - Middies to start out...

Tons of kids we haven't talked about though, that I like!

Love Messina, McGinley, Gillis and Kyle Henry too, but where will they play?

Goalie: Think its Doms to lose, and dont see that happening. Wardwell might have missed his chance, lots of good young talent behind them that could start 2015 and go 2, 3 years...

I am nowhere close to an X and O guy, but in regard to attack, there appears to be enough talent for two 'starting' lines - 1 and 1A. I don't know how you work out chemistry, but if you keep throwing out line after line at the opposition (1, 1A, the young talent, etc.) and they convert, it would totally demoralize an opponent. Thoughts?

1st Middies: Lecky, Loy, Ward.
2nd Middies: Schoonmaker, Evans, McGinley
Attack: Derek Maltz, Rice, Donohue and Galasso will rotate. Not sure where Staats will fit in when he gets here.

Close D: Young, Palasek, Harris and hopefully Mullins will rotate.
LSM: Macartney, Manning, and Firman.
DMids: Jenkins, Messina, Ciferri, and Grimm.

Lamo has the cage.

We got a lot of options.

I am nowhere close to an X and O guy, but in regard to attack, there appears to be enough talent for two 'starting' lines - 1 and 1A. I don't know how you work out chemistry, but if you keep throwing out line after line at the opposition (1, 1A, the young talent, etc.) and they convert, it would totally demoralize an opponent. Thoughts?

One thing is for sure... We better run like H%^& this year! Just gotta get FO's to do it!

The hardest Job for this Group fall's on the Coach's, (Head coach on down)On Paper an unbelievable amount of talent---making it all fit together and keeping them happy is the biggest challenge. Will they sacrifice their ego's and play their roles? Stay tuned..

Ward has already moved to middie and I think Lamo has the starting job all but sewn up barring a disastrous pre season start this winter. The key will be trying to keep everyone happy. A guy like Dylan Maltz would be starting as a Frosh at 95% of the programs in the country. If Staats makes it here hes going to play and play a lot, most likely at midfield. If Lecky or Ward struggle they could see a big decrease in PT. Also dont be surprised if SU runs three mid lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom