Social media has really affected recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Social media has really affected recruiting

GooseMutt

All Conference
Everyone knows everything about everyone. In the old days, recruit A would have no idea who offered recruit B and so on. Players were pressured to make decisions sooner not really knowing what other opportunies where there or not. Who was closing in on signing before them. Not to mention the glitz and glammer chest pounding that goes on with each new offer. The constant strokes by Notable Media tweets. And lastly the ability to use all this info to manipulate info on what they're going to do. Players play I guess.

Everyone knows everything about everyone. In the old days, recruit A would have no idea who offered recruit B and so on. Players were pressured to make decisions sooner not really knowing what other opportunies where there or not. Who was closing in on signing before them. Not to mention the glitz and glammer chest pounding that goes on with each new offer. The constant strokes by Notable Media tweets. And lastly the ability to use all this info to manipulate info on what they're going to do. Players play I guess.

This might be the best post today. Social media has profoundly affected recruiting. These kids can collaborate with each other, know each other's intentions, influence each other, etc. in ways they couldn't not that long ago. A great recruiting visit can be undone in one hour by someone else. Even mixtapes haven't been in existence for very long which gives players much greater visibility and marketing. This might be an area we can improve? It's pretty common knowledge that JB doesn't like social media. Perhaps it's possible that this has hurt Syracuse recruiting?

I remember getting all my recruiting news from the big east briefs and street and smith.

IMG_0755.JPG

Need to take whoever handles the Football twitter edits and have him/her teach seminars to the basketball recruitment staff.

Kinda funny to think about the absolute disparity between the two programs here