"solid... | Syracusefan.com

"solid...

BillSU

All American
…basketball game" to quote JB in his post game presser.

Almost everything we needed to improve we did, save for the 21% 3 PT shooting.

FG shooting was 54.4% with Battle and Hughes contributing almost fifty per cent of the total production of the team.

FT shooting was much better especially in a surprise from OB who was 3-4, the team 13 - 18 at 72%.

Points in the paint, 44 were very obvious with drives to the basket by Hughes, Battle and Brissett with some crisp and beautiful passing by Brisset and others.

Paschal Chukwu was perfect with 9 PTS.

We forced 23 Wake TO's to our 14 and our D was very good stealing the ball 15 times esp. one by Buddy who stole the pass and immediately went up for a nothing but net at the top of the key.

Monday night if we can do the same but increase our 3 PT production we will beat VA IMHO.

GOSU :)

…basketball game" to quote JB in his post game presser.

Almost everything we needed to improve we did, save for the 21% 3 PT shooting.

FG shooting was 54.4% with Battle and Hughes contributing almost fifty per cent of the total production of the team.

FT shooting was much better especially in a surprise from OB who was 3-4, the team 13 - 18 at 72%.

Points in the paint, 44 were very obvious with drives to the basket by Hughes, Battle and Brissett with some crisp and beautiful passing by Brisset and others.

Paschal Chukwu was perfect with 9 PTS.

We forced 23 Wake TO's to our 14 and our D was very good stealing the ball 15 times esp. one by Buddy who stole the pass and immediately went up for a nothing but net at the top of the key.

Monday night if we can do the same but increase our 3 PT production we will beat VA IMHO.

GOSU :)

UVA will actually play defense.

I guarantee we won’t score 44 points in the paint on Monday. Virginia will put all kinds of pressure on our defense. Their two guards are great three point shooters and Hunter is the perfect player to play the high post against our zone. You have to guard all their players.

I attended the game today in Winston-Salem and during the pregame warmups and before the 2nd half I noticed how many of the three point attempts kept missing, either rimming out or hitting the front rim. No idea what this means, if anything, but it kind of carried over to the game.

I guarantee we won’t score 44 points in the paint on Monday. Virginia will put all kinds of pressure on our defense. Their two guards are great three point shooters and Hunter is the perfect player to play the high post against our zone. You have to guard all their players.
Simple - let hunter shoot and mug the shooters.

There were mismatches in our favor all over the floor today. We played smart, made use of them and we won.

Knock off the unforced turnovers, continue this streak of better passing in the paint, hit some threes and keep it close & we might knockoff a 1 and a 2 this year in conference play!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom