Some inspiration for Oshae Brissett... | Syracusefan.com

Some inspiration for Oshae Brissett...

Ceerqqq

Scout Team
...on how to attack and finish at the basket...from the mists of the NBA past, featuring Julius Erving, aka "The Doctor." :) I mean, even if you don't happen to possess the special physical gifts Doctor J possessed, watching him 'operate' back in the day provides an idealized standard of performance to reach for...

...on how to attack and finish at the basket...from the mists of the NBA past, featuring Julius Erving, aka "The Doctor." :) I mean, even if you don't happen to possess the special physical gifts Doctor J possessed, watching him 'operate' back in the day provides an idealized standard of performance to reach for...

Lower the hoops to 8 feet and we all are Dr. J.

Lower the hoops to 8 feet and we all are Dr. J.
Wasn't Julius Erving only like 6'7"? He must have had a tremendous wingspan + vertical. Was he ever measured for the record?

Dr J isn’t the comp. Maybe Len Bias?

Jaylen Brown, Jae Crowder

Dr J isn’t the comp. Maybe Len Bias?
I actually wasn't suggesting that Oshae's game is comparable to that of Julius. The very idea that their games might be comparable is hilarious.

What I was suggesting was that Julius could conceivably be an inspiration for a 6'8" athletic dude like Oshae, who showed he had some issues last year when attacking the basket in the paint. While he could jump to grab rebounds, when he drove to the basket, he never seemed to get the kind of elevation he needs to dunk it with ease.

Now I don't know if the reason is due to physiological limitations, or if perhaps he simply has some 'habits' that could be unlearned. If the latter, then maybe---just maybe---it would be helpful if he were to 'image' being Doctor J when approaching the hoop, ya know?

And yeah, there can be little doubt that Oshae's game last year was much closer to Len Bias' than it was to Julius Erving. Not even close...