Some items of interest from ZOOM session w/Lars Tiffany | Syracusefan.com

Some items of interest from ZOOM session w/Lars Tiffany

Hoo's That

Living Legend
Coach Tiffany is having ZOOM meetings with groups of lacrosse alumni. Some tidbits from the one I was in:

All players, not just the seniors, were given an extra year of eligibility.
The Thursday night ACC Network TV games will continue in the 2021 season.

There won't be the usual home-away rotation for conference games in 2021. Whoever you were scheduled to play at home in 2020, you'll still play at home in 2021. SU will play at UVa, probably Saturday, April 24.

There won't be the usual home-away rotation for conference games in 2021. Whoever you were scheduled to play at home in 2020, you'll still play at home in 2021. SU will play at UVa, probably Saturday, April 24.

That's a change from what was said in April:

For 2021 scheduling purposes, the league has decided to stay on the normal rotation of games as if the 2020 men’s and women’s slates had been played in full.

On the men’s side, the Orange was scheduled to host Notre Dame and North Carolina this season and visit Virginia and Duke. Those games, of course, were never played. But next year, SU will host Virginia and Duke and visit UNC and Notre Dame.

is this true about all athletes? I was told not true at our school , but maybe thats changed? i thought they said no because it skews the roster sizes for 4-5 yrs?

is this true about all athletes? I was told not true at our school , but maybe thats changed? i thought they said no because it skews the roster sizes for 4-5 yrs?
Tiffany made that point. There are going to be a bunch of hard decisions coming up. People who were recruited will probably be cut because of the limits Ath. Dep'ts. are forced to put on roster size.

Another interesting tidbit he passed along which confirms one of my theories - Our women's rowing team has 80 on its roster as a counterbalance to football's 90+ (w/walk-ons).