Some loose ends | Syracusefan.com

Some loose ends

SWC75

Bored Historian
While raking leaves today I was listening to Brent Axe's interview with Tim Lester:

- We do have plays in our offense with the quarterback under center. We didn't have them in the game plan for Virginia. That's what he meant when he said the only such play they had was the victory formation.

- He's concerned there could be a fumble since they don't practice those plays as much as they do the plays from the pistol.

- He doesn't like the QB sneak because he could never seem to get it to work when he was a QB. (It was probably our best play in the 2000's- we ran it many times with RJ, and Perry and seemed to make the first down every time.)

- Eric Dungey is running so much because of his reads on the option and pass plays. His read improved from about 40% to 83% from the USF to the Virginia game. As he gets more and more experience, he'll be running the ball less and guys like Fredericks, Phillips, Estime and Ismael will be getting the ball more.

While raking leaves today I was listening to Brent Axe's interview with Tim Lester:

- We do have plays in our offense with the quarterback under center. We didn't have them in the game plan for Virginia. That's what he meant when he said the only such play they had was the victory formation.

- He's concerned there could be a fumble since they don't practice those plays as much as they do the plays from the pistol.

- He doesn't like the QB sneak because he could never seem to get it to work when he was a QB. (It was probably our best play in the 2000's- we ran it many times with RJ, and Perry and seemed to make the first down every time.)

- Eric Dungey is running so much because of his reads on the option and pass plays. His read improved from about 40% to 83% from the USF to the Virginia game. As he gets more and more experience, he'll be running the ball less and guys like Fredericks, Phillips, Estime and Ismael will be getting the ball more.

- meh

- poor coaching

- poor coaching

-
dcdf5b42acb95fa3551faa23a2f1e9e4.jpg

My recollection was that Perry was incapable of running the sneak. The few times he tried it he freaked out and they gave up on it. Or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Weird reason to determine what to run as a coach... base it off whether it worked when he was a QB? So the fact that almost every other team can run a QB sneak but we don't practice it because when he was a player years ago it never "seemed" to work.

qdawgg said:
Weird reason to determine what to run as a coach... base it off whether it worked when he was a QB? So the fact that almost every other team can run a QB sneak but we don't practice it because when he was a player years ago it never "seemed" to work.

He acknowledged that some QBs run it better than he did and that it can be effective.

He acknowledged that some QBs run it better than he did and that it can be effective.

I probably should have read the article before responding...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom