Some numbers | Syracusefan.com

Some numbers

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Gtown players were 7-35 excluding Otto's 12-19. Think about that for a quick second. Would have been interesting to see maybe a box and one or something.

Cooney/Baye/Grant/Rak combined for 3 points. Triche is down to 0.306% from 3pt on the season.

It's a good thing Fair is doing his thing. Offensively inept doesn't begin to describe it.

It's easy to see why we needed Southerland back. Without him, we're really in a hurtin way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm genuinely curious. For anyone who has been to a practice, what do we work on the entire time?

I'm genuinely curious. For anyone who has been to a practice, what do we work on the entire time?
every team works on all sorts of things. We just don't shoot very well. And couple that with no inside game...this is what you get from time to time.

every team works on all sorts of things. We just don't shoot very well. And couple that with no inside game...this is what you get from time to time.

Thanks for the in-depth description :)

For a team that shoots poorly, chucking a ton of threes against a team with no center is a truly bizarre gameplan.

For a team that shoots poorly, chucking a ton of threes against a team with no center is a truly bizarre gameplan.

It truly makes zero sense. I just don't understand what our gameplans are going into games.

If we aren't scoring in transition then we have a problem as our half court offense is anemic.

It truly makes zero sense. I just don't understand what our gameplans are going into games.

Georgetown's wildest dreams before the game:

a.) Syracuse plays at a 50-point pace, not a 75-point pace;
b.) Syracuse finds itself unable to operate an offense against the defense it runs 95% of the time;
c.) Syracuse ignores Christmas and he doesn't put up the numbers he did against Notre Dame and at Providence;
d.) Syracuse passes the ball around the perimeter and heaves up a ton of threes; and
e.) The referees allow Fair to take the kind of beating that wouldn't be permitted on a football field.

It was a good day for Georgetown.

I've never understood why Syracuse is so willing to play another team's style and try to beat them at their game.

Gtown players were 7-35 excluding Otto's 12-19. Think about that for a quick second. Would have been interesting to see maybe a box and one or something.

Cooney/Baye/Grant/Rak combined for 3 points. Triche is down to 0.306% from 3pt on the season.

It's a good thing Fair is doing his thing. Offensively inept doesn't begin to describe it.

I think BT is below 30% from three now.

7-35!

And we let their best player, the BE poy, wander uncovered. Unreal.

We've seen a lot of guys improve over the years recently - Fab, Rautins, Onuaku. I think that's why it's even more suprising to see guys like Baye, Christmas, Cooney (I know he's a frosh) not improve at all and basically offer us nothing this year.

We've seen a lot of guys improve over the years recently - Fab, Rautins, Onuaku. I think that's why it's even more suprising to see guys like Baye, Christmas, Cooney (I know he's a frosh) not improve at all and basically offer us nothing this year.

Baye came in as a pretty developed player after playing high school ball at a high level. He's been close to maxing out his potential for three years; not much room for improvement.

Christmas, meh. He played about as much as Cooney did last season. He's a liability on transition defense. He's an inconsistent rebounder (good today, 8 in fewer than 30 minutes) and defender. Wake us up when our team decides to feed the post and allow him to demonstrate some improvement (or lack of it) on the offensive end. Can't imagine that his yo-yo minutes are helping him at all.

wish we had a secondary defense 2 get jerami in the post with cj and James on the perimeter with one of them at the 2 . cj is going to get his and james is good for 8 threes everygame. triche has his long stretches without helping the offense some games and cooney/rak is not the awnser while southerland and fair are forced to be our jumpshooters. mcw needs to be given the keys to drive twice on 1 possession to get better for march.