Some post game thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Some post game thoughts

jekelish said:
http://.com/orange-tops-bc-despite-best-efforts/ What a way to finish a game poorly. Yikes.

We've seen this too many times over the years.

It's not just the players.

cuseguy said:
We've seen this too many times over the years. It's not just the players.

Forever JB has used his slide rule. We've had a 100 games like this regardless the team or the players.

whereas last saturday's game i felt was over in the 1st 5 minutes this one never felt in doubt. once obo came in and was able to give us some good relief minutes for rax i never looked back even despite the expected late ft meltdown.

whereas last saturday's game i felt was over in the 1st 5 minutes this one never felt in doubt. once obo came in and was able to give us some good relief minutes for rax i never looked back even despite the expected late ft meltdown.
I agree it never felt in doubt, but the inability to put such a lousy team away was troubling.

I agree it never felt in doubt, but the inability to put such a lousy team away was troubling.

We're very lucky that BC missed a bunch of shot opportunities at the end of the game, otherwise it would have been too close for comfort.

We're very lucky that BC missed a bunch of shot opportunities at the end of the game, otherwise it would have been too close for comfort.
Agree. And it helped that Olivier Hanlan had one of the worst games I've ever seen him play.

jekelish said:
Agree. And it helped that Olivier Hanlan had one of the worst games I've ever seen him play.

Rak had one of his worst games of the year and sat a long time with foul issues.

The stall ball is a pain to watch, but in reality we probably killed a total of a minute and a half off the clock by doing it, with no guarantees that we would have scored if we attacked right away anyway. Does anyone think we win tonight if BC had an extra 90 seconds and Rak was still out of the game?

The stall ball is a pain to watch, but in reality we probably killed a total of a minute and a half off the clock by doing it, with no guarantees that we would have scored if we attacked right away anyway. Does anyone think we win tonight if BC had an extra 90 seconds and Rak was still out of the game?
I thought one of the reasons why we won was because BC was terrible at the foul line (although I haven't read the stats). It was the way it felt to me.

Also, since people on the board are preoccupied by other matters, didn't it seem like the refs were calling ticky tack fouls constantly on both teams? (Of course, MORE on us.) Remember, I can't see from my seat, so just asking...

SU has to hit 2 of 2, not 1 of 2 in FTs near the end of games, heck, anytime during games. Too many 1 pointers left at the FT line, not in the hole. KJ did hit 2 of 2 near the end, which helped.

Letting the other team role the ball to mid court drives me insane! :mad:

Why does he do this? Why? It makes no sense. He lets the opponents get a shot in like 2 seconds. Its maddening and idk hes a hof coach. Thats stupid.

Also, since people on the board are preoccupied by other matters, didn't it seem like the refs were calling ticky tack fouls constantly on both teams? (Of course, MORE on us.) Remember, I can't see from my seat, so just asking...

I don't know about that, but I have to say Len Elmore was right when he noted that Rakeem imploring the refs to call more fouls because he felt he was being manhandled hurt him more than it helped him. The refs obliged by calling it tighter on BOTH teams- hence Rak gets into foul trouble and has to sit. I have to say, he does have a bad habit of constantly giving the refs that two handed imploring motion of, "come on, call that, I'm being fouled." He is a senior, basketball is a contact sport, and he has to learn to play through the jockeying and jostling for position. He has been doing the same thing for four years, it's old, very old, enough already!

cuseguy said:
We've seen this too many times over the years. It's not just the players.

Agree. It's basketball. And it happens to everyone.

I don't know about that, but I have to say Len Elmore was right when he noted that Rakeem imploring the refs to call more fouls because he felt he was being manhandled hurt him more than it helped him. The refs obliged by calling it tighter on BOTH teams- hence Rak gets into foul trouble and has to sit. I have to say, he does have a bad habit of constantly giving the refs that two handed imploring motion of, "come on, call that, I'm being fouled." He is a senior, basketball is a contact sport, and he has to learn to play through the jockeying and jostling for position. He has been doing the same thing for four years, it's old, very old, enough already!
The people who call the game have commented on this. You would think someone might talk to him about this. It didn't work well for us last night!

We are way too dependent on Christmas. When he got 3 fouls, I was wondering who would step up in scoring. Cooney is totally unreliable, Roberson lacks confidence. Gbinje has his moments... It seems like we lack a structured offense, and when we play better teams, it will get ugly.

just think the team we had last year could not beat bc. I am more upset we lost last year to bc. that stupid game cost us a seed and set up the biggest collapse we ever had. pathetic

SU has to hit 2 of 2, not 1 of 2 in FTs near the end of games, heck, anytime during games. Too many 1 pointers left at the FT line, not in the hole. KJ did hit 2 of 2 near the end, which helped.
I agree with this.. The foul shooting was atrocious.

so when people get mad at Ennis, that is why, it was 50-50 at the end of regulation. we lost 62-59. and hop almost went there, please

How about some perspective. Last year's team couldn't beat BC at home. Might of been the worst Basketball game next to Dayton I've seen in the past 5 years.

The game was only close because Roc was in foul trouble and we continue to live up to our reputation as a terrible free throw shooting team.

How about some perspective. Last year's team couldn't beat BC at home. Might of been the worst Basketball game next to Dayton I've seen in the past 5 years.

The game was only close because Roc was in foul trouble and we continue to live up to our reputation as a terrible free throw shooting team.
I hate that our beloved fan base thinks we are a poor free throw shooting team. all teams are. the most reliable at the free throw shooter this year is rakeem.

JB doesn't seem to care about the FT shooting unless its necessary to win (as per BC presser), implying a win is a win and could care less if the lead goes from 20 to 2 as long as there isn't time on the clock.

I hate that our beloved fan base thinks we are a poor free throw shooting team. all teams are. the most reliable at the free throw shooter this year is rakeem.
we're 266th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom