Some pregame thoughts for Thursday night | Syracusefan.com

Some pregame thoughts for Thursday night

Nice article, wanted to give it a bump. I had no idea Cal was hitting 47% from behind the arc.

While I'm at it, I'm glad you included William Hung in the article. I hadnt thought of him in ages, but the dude does give hope to anyone who wants to be famous. I wonder if his nickname is "Well"? Heck, even "Will" would suffice.

This is a big step for Joseph to see where his game is. He is the one player I'll be watching the closest and I think if he does well in this game he is right on track, not a great game just a good game. But obviously a great game would be more then welcomed.

This is a big step for Joseph to see where his game is. He is the one player I'll be watching the closest and I think if he does well in this game he is right on track, not a great game just a good game. But obviously a great game would be more then welcomed.

Cal with Martin will play in your face ball pressure defense, which should help Joseph play more instinctively and aggressively.

Cal with Martin will play in your face ball pressure defense, which should help Joseph play more instinctively and aggressively.
I think teams will play more zone against us till we prove we can hit more outside shots. They will still play man against us but just think we will see more zone than in the past. Especially if teams are in foul trouble as this team seems to be good at drawing fouls. Should be interesting to see how Cal and other teams play us defensively going forward!

which reminds me of the story of the plastic surgeon who hung himself

I think teams will play more zone against us till we prove we can hit more outside shots. They will still play man against us but just think we will see more zone than in the past. Especially if teams are in foul trouble as this team seems to be good at drawing fouls. Should be interesting to see how Cal and other teams play us defensively going forward!

I'm not sure that Zone is in Martin's play book. I agree that other teams will do this and I welcome it because I feel we have multiple shooters and players who can work at the FT line. It will take our young team some time to run our zone offense consistently but I expect they will be pretty good at it with enough real game practice.

Here's the thing about teams playing zone against SU- go back to the way UConn handled the zone. They didn't sit back and chuck a bunch of 3s. They worked the ball around and tried to shoot the gaps in the zone, especially working from the foul line to the baseline, and getting on the offensive glass.

It seems like CMC can be a guy who could make teams pay from the foul line, which could then open up better looks on the perimeter.

Roberson and McCullough can break a zone shooting it from around the free throw line

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom