Some prespective | Syracusefan.com

Some prespective

OrangeBear

Walk On
Tough loss, thought we were going to find a way to pull it out. Reflecting back on the season, here is some perspective in my mind that helps me deal with this a little better.

1) We lost 3 key starters from last year's FF team but still started 25-0
2) If you consider how many times we squeaked out wins even during the 25-0 run, we were never as good as that 25-0 record and over time things started evening out (unfortunately at the worst time).
3) 6 total losses with only ONE loss by more than six points. This fact makes me feel a lot better about the season because that shows that even though this team was clearly offensively challenged, it never gave up and used its defense to be in position to win virtually every single game in the last 2-5 minutes. For me, its a lot easier to deal with disappointment when I know that my team played with close to max effort and unselfish.

Looking forward, I think if Grant and Ennis come back, this team has a strong chance to be top 5 good next year. It's fair to assume that Ennis can only improve (including his jump shot) and Grant can be that 15-20 PPG guy with a legit jump shot. Add in the top recruits coming in next year along with one or two of the freshman stepping up from this year and you have a team that could easily be better than this year's team. More than anything, we just need to find a couple of guys who can be a legit threat from 3 point range. Ennis could improve in this area along with Patterson and or BJ stepping up to fill that role. Mike G and Cooney also have room to improve. Without Ennis and or Grant, we could be really mediocre...really need those guys to come back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom