Something else to worry about... | Syracusefan.com

Something else to worry about...

Hey...deja vu!! I could have sworn this originally said:

Will the team be able to get to NYC tomorrow. The NYC area airports don't handle snow very well. http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...e-fees-as-blizzard-menaces-northeast/1897609/

(Hey, anything is better than another hand-wringing thread about JS).

I think I am losing my mind!!

b60d401b_9bfb08de_why-you-so-crazy-you-are-making-my-head-explode.jpg

Couldn't they have travelled early? After all it is not like this storm was a surprise.

The original unedited post confused the hell out of me.

It's a 3PM tip. I'm sure they could leave Sunday morning if they had to.

i would imagine that they bus it up to Syracuse regardless of the weather

It's a 3PM tip. I'm sure they could leave Sunday morning if they had to.

I think there is an NCAA rule that says a team must be at the away loction one day prior...

I didn't realize the storm was going to be as bad as it apparently is (hey, I live in Texas and rarely watch the news) until my brother texted me saying that the news channels are on Cape Cod showing my sister in law's family cottage on the shore there and saying "houses like this are in danger of being severely damaged."

And that's when I started paying attention to the weather.

I wouldnt mind a couple hour delay. I'm not looking forward to waking up at 9am on a sunday.

I think there is an NCAA rule that says a team must be at the away loction one day prior...

Don't think so - it's common at smaller schools with regional conferences in Division I.

The weather is suppose to clear up early tomorrow and be very sunny on Sunday. They will be able to get here.

Don't BE rules require you to travel the day before?

I know it is an NFL rule, not sure about college.

I remember a team requesting a waiver for that... I believe it may have been Wash vs NYG

I know it is an NFL rule, not sure about college.

I remember a team requesting a waiver for that... I believe it may have been Wash vs NYG
Didn't the Steelers have to deal with that earlier this year? I think they had to go NY and took a 9am flight from Pitt, they changed the kickoff time from 1PM to 4PM

St John's should be used to it. I remember when Fran Fraschilla was their coach that random people who saw them stranded, picked up the team to get them to the dome after their bus got stuck in a snowstorm. One guy who picked up Fraschilla and a few players painted a not too likeable nor appreciative picture of him. His mood wouldn't brighten - we beat them up that night.

Didn't the Steelers have to deal with that earlier this year? I think they had to go NY and took a 9am flight from Pitt, they changed the kickoff time from 1PM to 4PM

yeah I think you are right.

Louisville had to travel and play on the same day when they played at Uconn so I don't see it as a big problem for St. Johns

The title of the thread brought this to mind. ;)

what-me-worry-715605.jpg

I am not sure I ever worried about SU sports. I know blasphemy to some of you, I apologize. But it is just sports. Carry on.

I remember being on the hill in 93/94 during another huge blizzard. SJU somehow made it to Syracuse and they beat us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom