Something stinks in the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Something stinks in the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

Scout Team
Its so obvious that those in the ACC have a nut for the Cuse.Its a recurring nightmare of the blantant bad calls whether it be quick numerous calls against Cuse's two centers (not just one) early to change the positive flow of the game for Syracuse. The bad calls against Fair because he was hot and scoring like a mad man. (27 fouls for Cuse, 6 for Maryland) smells fishy real bad. Against Duke, I dont have to repeat that the official made sure that Cuse would not win. The opposite play was called a block earlier for Duke. The mauling defense against the Cuse without any calls. The drive towards the end with the defensive players hand on Cooney's arm throuout out the drive, and nothing was called. I dont know who is pulling the strings in the ACC to end Syracuses domination, but its obvious they dont like the eastern team, new kid on the block winning and changing the landscape of their territorial leaders Duke, and NC. Some thing smells.If it looks like a rat and smells likes a rat, it is a rat . prediction: THEY WILL STILL MAKE BAD CALLS AGAINST SYRACUSE TO GET THEM OUT,,,LOOK CLOSELY AT EVERY PLAY ...ITS SAD THAT THIS CAN BE HAPPENING , BUT WHO KNOWS, THE BASKETBALL GODS MIGHT NOT LET THE ACC AND THE OFFICIALS GET AWAY WITH THIS......I WOULD SAY, IF IT IS TOO BLANTANT, JB SHOULD JUST TAKE HIS PLAYERS OFF THE COURT IN PROTEST...IF I REMEMBER, SOME ACC OFFICIALS WERE FIRED A WHILE AGO FOR BIAS TOWARDS CALLS FOR DUKE....

We are 26-2, 13-2 in the league. We have played a bunch of close games. No one is out to get us.
YES , BUT ITS GETTING CLOSE AND THE SHOW IS JUST BEGINNING, WATCH

Its so obvious that those in the ACC have a nut for the Cuse.Its a recurring nightmare of the blantant bad calls whether it be quick numerous calls against Cuse's two centers (not just one) early to change the positive flow of the game for Syracuse. The bad calls against Fair because he was hot and scoring like a mad man. (27 fouls for Cuse, 6 for Maryland) smells fishy real bad. Against Duke, I dont have to repeat that the official made sure that Cuse would not win. The opposite play was called a block earlier for Duke. The mauling defense against the Cuse without any calls. The drive towards the end with the defensive players hand on Cooney's arm throuout out the drive, and nothing was called. I dont know who is pulling the strings in the ACC to end Syracuses domination, but its obvious they dont like the eastern team, new kid on the block winning and changing the landscape of their territorial leaders Duke, and NC. Some thing smells.If it looks like a rat and smells likes a rat, it is a rat . prediction: THEY WILL STILL MAKE BAD CALLS AGAINST SYRACUSE TO GET THEM OUT,,,LOOK CLOSELY AT EVERY PLAY ...ITS SAD THAT THIS CAN BE HAPPENING , BUT WHO KNOWS, THE BASKETBALL GODS MIGHT NOT LET THE ACC AND THE OFFICIALS GET AWAY WITH THIS...I WOULD SAY, IF IT IS TOO BLANTANT, JB SHOULD JUST TAKE HIS PLAYERS OFF THE COURT IN PROTEST...IF I REMEMBER, SOME ACC OFFICIALS WERE FIRED A WHILE AGO FOR BIAS TOWARDS CALLS FOR DUKE...
Paranoia: The belief that someone cares. :crazy:

Capslock.jpg

His complain is legit though Cuse probably gets a bad foul disadvantage 7-8 out of 10 games, duke by expample 1 out of 10 and it wasn't @ the carrier dome.

I don't think its the acc though I think its just in general. And a big part of it is we are usually ranked favorites on the road, and we don't really have a hostile enviroment @ home for the refs to play into.

Also others want to reach, body us away from the hoop on our drives, and handcheck more. And they don't even have to keep their arms straight up and down in the lane like our centers do.

But who cares lets just keep winning.

Last edited:
That stink is just the bottom 2/3 of the conference. It is rather unpleasant, but what are ya gonna do...

Its so obvious that those in the ACC have a nut for the Cuse.Its a recurring nightmare of the blantant bad calls whether it be quick numerous calls against Cuse's two centers (not just one) early to change the positive flow of the game for Syracuse. The bad calls against Fair because he was hot and scoring like a mad man. (27 fouls for Cuse, 6 for Maryland) smells fishy real bad. Against Duke, I dont have to repeat that the official made sure that Cuse would not win. The opposite play was called a block earlier for Duke. The mauling defense against the Cuse without any calls. The drive towards the end with the defensive players hand on Cooney's arm throuout out the drive, and nothing was called. I dont know who is pulling the strings in the ACC to end Syracuses domination, but its obvious they dont like the eastern team, new kid on the block winning and changing the landscape of their territorial leaders Duke, and NC. Some thing smells.If it looks like a rat and smells likes a rat, it is a rat . prediction: THEY WILL STILL MAKE BAD CALLS AGAINST SYRACUSE TO GET THEM OUT,,,LOOK CLOSELY AT EVERY PLAY ...ITS SAD THAT THIS CAN BE HAPPENING , BUT WHO KNOWS, THE BASKETBALL GODS MIGHT NOT LET THE ACC AND THE OFFICIALS GET AWAY WITH THIS...I WOULD SAY, IF IT IS TOO BLANTANT, JB SHOULD JUST TAKE HIS PLAYERS OFF THE COURT IN PROTEST...IF I REMEMBER, SOME ACC OFFICIALS WERE FIRED A WHILE AGO FOR BIAS TOWARDS CALLS FOR DUKE...

Welcome aboard, I like your passion! You'll see that a number of folks agree with your general feelings at times and have said similar things. It might not be quite as bad as it seems though. I understand your frustration, and I hope that your predictions don't come true. Maybe we'll all feel a bit differently after the game against Virginia. If you take some time to skim through the board, you'll find a lot of posts I think you'll agree with.

It can be tough being new on the board and getting used to everyones' style(like the 'Cuse going to the ACC), so don't be discouraged if you don't get the type of replies you expect... I still feel like a new member here. ...I've never been in the chat room during a game(or at all), but from what I hear I think you'd enjoy it. Again, welcome aboard.

But who cares, lets just keep winning.

Exactly!

Hey, it is what it is and continuos reference to it on this board will not change it. We may not like it, but the team and the fans have to fight through it. We will need a "fair shake" from the refs on Saturday to win in Virginia. I'm confident we will get it. However, if we don't, we'll just beat them in spite of it.

BRNCUSEFRVCUSE HE'S BACCCKKKKKKKKKK

Stop teasing us. As one member said, the board doesn't deserve to have BRNCUSEFRVCUSE back. It isn't quite like waiting for a Messiah, but at times it feels like it.

...wait, are you saying I've been fooled again Orangespace? Is every new poster that "pulls a JB" a fugazi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom