Something that irks the living sh-t out of me re: ESPN games | Syracusefan.com

Something that irks the living sh-t out of me re: ESPN games

RF2044

Living Legend
After a made basket, why on earth does it take them upwards of 20 seconds to adjust the score?

I'm not kidding--teams will make a basket, and sometimes it takes that long for them to add the point total to the score.

Contrast that with the NBA, who update the score nanoseconds after the ball goes through the basket. Anyone else annoyed by this?

Yes, I'm there with you but i don't pay it much attention anymore.

The best part of it now is when my eight year old it's watching with me, he starts getting worked up like teams are getting shorted points.

My wife tends to freak out when this happens or when only 2 points get added on a 3-pointer. I have to repeatedly explain that it is not the official score that shows up on the screen, but she just loses it when this happens.

After a made basket, why on earth does it take them upwards of 20 seconds to adjust the score?

I'm not kidding--teams will make a basket, and sometimes it takes that long for them to add the point total to the score.

Contrast that with the NBA, who update the score nanoseconds after the ball goes through the basket. Anyone else annoyed by this?

That's annoying...but what I find equally annoying is when they can't get back from their graphics fast enough and the play is already evolving. Drives me nuts.

44cuse

You're all welcome to "watch" the games on my beautifully restored antique 1937 RCA console radio. It's probably about as big as your TV and you'll hardly even notice the tardy graphic updates. :D

I really, really hate the delay in the scoreboard updates. Also don't like that for variety, they show a cheap-seat view of the action every once in a while.