Something to keep an eye on when ACC Network starts | Syracusefan.com

Something to keep an eye on when ACC Network starts

This is one of many reasons why I’m glad the ACC partnered with ESPN in launching their network. The SEC Network is treated like a valuable property, is available on basic tiers in many areas, and has had no carriage issues like the B1G and especially the PAC-12. Fox Sports is inferior in every way when compared to ESPN.

This is one of many reasons why I’m glad the ACC partnered with ESPN in launching their network. The SEC Network is treated like a valuable property, is available on basic tiers in many areas, and has had no carriage issues like the B1G and especially the PAC-12. Fox Sports is inferior in every way when compared to ESPN.

ESPN won’t have a say. It’ll be up to the carrier, in this case Comcast.

Any idea if this ACCN will be available to Dish Network customers? Any blackout rules?

The big thing I will be interested in is whether the ACCN wil be on DIRECT TV. The Pac 12 network is not available on Direct tv
Fortunately DUCK games are on ESPN and Fox Sports most of the time.

OO44

Any idea if this ACCN will be available to Dish Network customers? Any blackout rules?

I dunno, but I have Sling (dish network subsidiary) on my roku and am in Albany market... 90% of our acc network/espn3 matches were blacked out here this season.

Yet my buddy next door who has direct tv got all the games.

Annoying as all hell.

Wound up having to use my android box with watchespn app to get the games... And had to add a vpn and connect from Texas to fool the app to think I was not in a blacked out region so I could stream the games.

A couple of quotes from this week's NYTimes article about the changes at ESPN:

Re: ESPNews--"which shows radio simulcasts and reruns but offers little news".

Re: Classic--"which YouTube superseded a decade ago".

I expect (hope?) ACC linear will slide into one of those slots.

A couple of quotes from this week's NYTimes article about the changes at ESPN:

Re: ESPNews--"which shows radio simulcasts and reruns but offers little news".

Re: Classic--"which YouTube superseded a decade ago".

I expect (hope?) ACC linear will slide into one of those slots.

It'll be ESPN Classic.

Because that way Spectrum can charge me $10.99/month more.

The BTN has a problem. The Big Ten hasn't won a NC in basketball since 2000. They have won one in football since 2002.

Their recruiting hotbeds are getting steadily worse and their aging fan base is dying off.

Their best days are behind them and now they have Rutgers.
So they have that going for them. Which is nice.