Something to think about regarding SS | Syracusefan.com

Something to think about regarding SS

dasher

Living Legend
yeah, he needs a lot of help learning how to manage the clock. But I just looked up a basketball coach whose first three years records were 17-13, 10-17, 11-17. And that coach whose name is Mike Krzyzewski, inherited a program that was alot better than Syracuse football.

yeah, he needs a lot of help learning how to manage the clock. But I just looked up a basketball coach whose first three years records were 17-13, 10-17, 11-17. And that coach whose name is Mike Krzyzewski, inherited a program that was alot better than Syracuse football.
giphy.gif

But we all know that Duke is a football school. ;)

I love ya Dasher but that was a completely different era of sports. No Social Media, No TV money, and not many games on TV.

With that resume today Coach K gets fired or maybe 1 more year. Bill Belichick sucked at Cleveland before he became a genius in New England.

SS is no Coach K. I have kept my season tickets for almost 10 years now and I personally use them only a couple of times a year. If SS stays SU HC I will probably get rid of them. Unless we magically win 3 games in the last 4 and get bowl eligible. If he gets to 6-6 you extend him.

I think the Dook boosters may have had something to do with all that success as well. How do you go from mediocre to getting McD's left and right all of a sudden year after year. Plus all the cover up scandals that got swept under the rug cause it was Dook.

Abe Lincoln failed in business and was defeated for numerous public offices before becoming successful. Edison was forced to leave public school because his teachers thought he was too slow. People thought Einstein was a crackpot. Put Scott Shafer on a motivational poster if you want, but 3 win seasons are for the birds.

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were college dropouts, i'll tell my kid to skip college and be successful too

I'm sorry, I think that coaches name was actually ALBERT EINSTEIN

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/albert-einstein-copypasta

I'm missing the connection.

So we should have kept Greg Robinson and we would have been winning National Championships already?
He got his fourth year and still sucked.

who the F hijacked dash's handle??

cusian, is that you??

gerg might've been great in 2009. what's the overall track record of coaches with k's record?

people are so scared of making a type I error that they make type II errors. so nervous about canning a K caliber coach that you give Gerg a 4th terrible year

For every 1 coach you can find that show sometimes an ugly duckling turns into a swan I can probably find 5 that show that ducks are usually ducks.

For every 1 coach you can find that show sometimes an ugly duckling turns into a swan I can probably find 5 that show that ducks are usually ducks.

Those aren't bad odds. If it were 1 out of every 6, I'd roll with SS for one more year just based on his D.

Bring back Greg Robinson so he can finish what he started. I mean Coach K started with a losing record, it was good for him it's good for Greg Robinson, Terry Shea, Bobby Wallace and Johnny Majors 2.0.