Something you may want to check before the ACC Tourney starts. | Syracusefan.com

Something you may want to check before the ACC Tourney starts.

Hoo's That

Living Legend
The ACC Network stations get first dibs on broadcasting all ACC Tournament games. They can and will issue blackout orders against ESPN's coverage. Having lived in the Balto-DC area for duration of ESPN's contract with the ACC, I've never watched ESPN's coverage, I've always had to watch the ACC Network's. The coverage on Wednesday and Thursday will be spotty. Just about everyone on the network will cover Friday-Sunday. You might want to start checking the stations' websites to confirm their schedule.

we aren't playing on Wednesday or Thursday so we should be good

Yep, same thing happens in Orlando. I never hear Dickie V during the ACCT.

Every time I have to watch the game on the ACC Network (we get coverage on NESN here in VT) I feel like I took a time machine ride back to 1987. Haven't they heard of HD down there? Sheesh!!

Say what you will about the old Big East - but coverage of all games was much, much better here in NY.
In terms of seeing live games and watching on TV in NYC area...EVERYTHING was better in the BE.
But we are where we are.
And, ironically, the ACC Network is one reason why.

The ACC Network stations get first dibs on broadcasting all ACC Tournament games. They can and will issue blackout orders against ESPN's coverage. Having lived in the Balto-DC area for duration of ESPN's contract with the ACC, I've never watched ESPN's coverage, I've always had to watch the ACC Network's. The coverage on Wednesday and Thursday will be spotty. Just about everyone on the network will cover Friday-Sunday. You might want to start checking the stations' websites to confirm their schedule.
Their will be no blackouts anymore. That was in the previous ACC contract, but when the ACC renegotiated with ESPN post-SU/Pitt/ND they got rid of the blackouts. I live in Charlotte I will have a choice to watch it on ESPN or the local ACC network affliate. It is the same for you now as well. I like all the ACC Network guys except Tim Brant. I like Brando, Gminski, Bonner, Durham, Alexander.

Say what you will about the old Big East - but coverage of all games was much, much better here in NY.
its the same in the NYC metro area.

only difference was, no games on SNY.

a couple on 55, a couple on MSG, the rest all on the espns.

it was quite a daunting tassk for the remote control challenged to find the game this year for sure, most of the SNY games went to 55 and MSG came back on the sched after a couple of year draught (i think 1 year still found its way on there though) but we made it through.

next year we will work on walking and chewing gum at the same time.

it was quite a daunting tassk for the remote control challenged to find the game this year for sure.

images

Thanks for the info! Best wishes to the Cavs.

Their will be no blackouts anymore. That was in the previous ACC contract, but when the ACC renegotiated with ESPN post-SU/Pitt/ND they got rid of the blackouts. I live in Charlotte I will have a choice to watch it on ESPN or the local ACC network affliate. It is the same for you now as well. I like all the ACC Network guys except Tim Brant. I like Brando, Gminski, Bonner, Durham, Alexander.

Yay!! It won't be too long before I never again have the chance to hear Brant describe another Turtles' game. I'll miss it - NOT!!!!!

Thanks for the info! Best wishes to the Cavs.

Thanks! Hope you guys are at 100% for the Tourney!

When does this go into effect?

Col. Bleep said:
In terms of seeing live games and watching on TV in NYC area...EVERYTHING was better in the BE.
But we are where we are.
And, ironically, the ACC Network is one reason why.

Same here in NJ! I went from watching 95% of all regional Syracuse games in hi DEF On SNY, To 95% of them not being shown at all and having to watch ESPN3. Bush league!

According to Dish Network I am located in upstate New York. I also have the various sport packages. Any ACC Network games have been blacked out for me all season. I see their games on up to 12 regional networks in my guide, but nothing. In past years I was able to watch The Big East Network on MASN sports channel, and prior to that (before DISH dropped it) on SNY. I've had to stream a number of games this year (ESPN3 not available for me) and the quality is generally very poor. I'm counting on ESPN to carry our ACC tourney games. Please tell me they are.

Yay!! It won't be too long before I never again have the chance to hear Brant describe another Turtles' game. I'll miss it - NOT!!!!!

Thanks! Hope you guys are at 100% for the Tourney!
Brant is just a hack IMO I haven't heard him call a Terps game. I like Brando/Gman the best of any ACC Network pairing.

When does this go into effect?
It started this year. The ACC Tournament won't be blacked out on ESPN anymore. If you get the local ACC Network/Raycom coverage you will get your choice to watch either ESPN or ACCN. I will watch ESPN if its Sean McDonough/Jay Bilas then ACC Network for any Vitale games.

KaiserUEO said:
its the same in the NYC metro area. only difference was, no games on SNY. a couple on 55, a couple on MSG, the rest all on the espns. it was quite a daunting tassk for the remote control challenged to find the game this year for sure, most of the SNY games went to 55 and MSG came back on the sched after a couple of year draught (i think 1 year still found its way on there though) but we made it through. next year we will work on walking and chewing gum at the same time.

I live in Connecticut, 75 miles from NYC, and I've had to watch nine games on ESPN3. In other words, I'd be watching it in front of my computer if I didn't buy an AppleTV.

Coverage in the Big East was so much better.

Lacrosse? Does SU even play the sport anymore?

Never mind the fact that SNY was a one stop location that tied Big East football and basketball together with its pre and post game shows.

If your a dieheard, you're going to make the effort to find the game. But for an average Joe,I bet we lost a lot of eyeballs this year.

I'll be New Jersey Sunday, that remote outpost thousands of miles from Syracuse, and I'm not sure I'll get the game.

Bad enough that the Big East tourney is no more.

TV coverage has flat out sucked.

OK, done venting.

I've only had to use ESPN 2-3 times this year. Everything else has been on ESPN/2/U, ACC RSN (usually 8-10 channels to choose from) or the local ACC Network affiliate. Everything in HD or near-HD (a couple of Raycom's productions weren't up to ESPNU snuff). Things should get better next year for some if more stations pick up the ACC Network games. Ideally one of NYC's biggies find a way to carry the ACC Network games in addition to the RSN games such that they're only blacked out in markets in which SU's games are shown locally. The future real ACC Network should help some more.

Some of you may wish to add out-of-market regional sports your programming package to ensure that you get the RSN games if your local RSN doesn't show ACC games.

Don't forget that some games are available via theACC.com as well. They charge on the order of $7/academic year. While not ideal, it's also not outrageous if that's the only way you can get those games.