Sorry Siva... | Syracusefan.com

Sorry Siva...

If he can get his jumper falling and not be quite so careless with the ball?

Yes. Yes indeed.

One disappointment with MCW so far: thought he'd get the floater to go down more.

mcw going for 11, 9 , 6 and a few steals.. those are some all around nums holy smokes

Would be nice for his jumper to start falling...it will. But this is not his primary role as we know. His overall value to this team (basically without him, we'd be screwed) this season will make him POY or certainly a deserving candidate.

Has to cut turnovers down drastically. 6 or so against scrub teams could be 8-9 against BE competition.

You guys see turnovers and I just see a kid who is still learning...with the best raw talent we have witnessed at PG in a loooooong time. With a kid like this, I don't even care about the turnovers.

His effort at both ends of the court all the the time is just awesome. Remember Flynn and Devo and guys like that jogging back on defense? Barely putting their hands up? Man.. this kid makes up for every turnover he commits with his defense anyway.

You guys see turnovers and I just see a kid who is still learning...with the best raw talent we have witnessed at PG in a loooooong time. With a kid like this, I don't even care about the turnovers.

His effort at both ends of the court all the the time is just awesome. Remember Flynn and Devo and guys like that jogging back on defense? Barely putting their hands up? Man.. this kid makes up for every turnover he commits with his defense anyway.
Don't get me wrong... all that is true. I just mention turnovers in the context of "to become BE POY MCW needs to_________". To do that he needs to be at an absolute elite level. And he needs fewer turnovers to be there. Not at all to say he can't or I'm unhappy with his play so far.

I will tell you what I see. A guy who desperately needs another year, maybe two. I wish I could give him the green light to go after this year. I really do. Maybe next year Mike, I promise.

I will tell you what I see. A guy who desperately needs another year, maybe two. I wish I could give him the green light to go after this year. I really do. Maybe next year Mike, I promise.

When Presti makes the trip up to see you...it's a good bet you are gone. Ready or not...as the fugees once said.

Most of MCW's TOs aren't because he's sloppy, it's because he's playing 3/4s of a step faster than everyone else. He just has to play with to the level of his teammates a bit more. Kid is elite.

Most of MCW's TOs aren't because he's sloppy, it's because he's playing 3/4s of a step faster than everyone else. He just has to play with to the level of his teammates a bit more. Kid is elite.
In many instances that's true. But his first 3 or 4 turnovers tonight were 100% because he was sloppy.

He was trying to be the Globetrotters at the start of this game. That's what caused his initial flurry of TOs and also what led to JB's rant in the post game press conference. As MCW matures it is absolutely frightening to think what he could become. Can you imagine a kid like this as a senior??

Look closer then. This kid is already among the best few PGs in the country, he has a tremendous learning curve and exceptional height for the position at any level. This season is plenty long enough for him to work out the occasional sloppiness we see and, at 22, his NBA clock is beginning to tic. The only thing that brings him back next year would be our worst nightmare this year.

Look closer then. This kid is already among the best few PGs in the country, he has a tremendous learning curve and exceptional height for the position at any level. This season is plenty long enough for him to work out the occasional sloppiness we see and, at 22, his NBA clock is beginning to tic. The only thing that brings him back next year would be our worst nightmare this year.

I didn't realize that he is as old as he is, now I definitely think he goes this year if there is any reasonable chance that he is in the lottery. I don't know why, but I thought he was a young sophmore not a senior citizen.

He was trying to be the Globetrotters at the start of this game. That's what caused his initial flurry of TOs and also what led to JB's rant in the post game press conference. As MCW matures it is absolutely frightening to think what he could become. Can you imagine a kid like this as a senior??

I hear you. By the time he's a "senior", he will be in his 2nd year starting for the Magic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom