sortof OT: Virginia starting to look formidable | Syracusefan.com

sortof OT: Virginia starting to look formidable

pearl31

in cahoots
They're handing it to teams over the past few weeks.
Not a fan of Bennett, but he seems like a solid coach. Looking like a 7-8-9 seed I wouldn't really want to see in the first couple of rounds of the tourney - though we'll be seeing them at least once a season starting next year.

They're handing it to teams over the past few weeks.
Not a fan of Bennett, but he seems like a solid coach. Looking like a 7-8-9 seed I wouldn't really want to see in the first couple of rounds of the tourney - though we'll be seeing them at least once a season starting next year.

I agree. I also will give you one team that noone wants to see as a 8-9 seed if you are a 1 seed and that is Illinois. Get them out of the B1G and they are dangerous. They won at Gonzaga, won at Maui. That would piss me off if we were a 1 and they are the 8-9.

They are a Wisonsin lite. Low scoring, use all the shot clock, root canal basketball. The type of team that stat nerds love.

Bennett turned Washington State into a 3 seed somehow. Still a brutally boring style of basketball.

I tbink Bennet's pack line defense in some respects is kind of a man to man version of what Boeheim's trying to do with his zone. deny the inside penetration and force opponents to settle for lower percentage contested outside shots. It slows the game down alot like Wisconsin, as another poster mentioned, but I think Bennet's system is a little more effective than Ryan's. UVa actually won in Madison earlier this year. The key for UVa is that their PG Jontel Evans is back and healthy now. He was out when UVa had all those bad losses. Evans might be the best on ball defender in the country after Aaron Craft. UVa' s problem though is, even with Jontel back, they can still be maddeningly inconsistent on the road, so they'd be tough to predict how they'd do in the tournament if they make it. could beat, or lose to, just about anyone!

I agree. I also will give you one team that noone wants to see as a 8-9 seed if you are a 1 seed and that is Illinois. Get them out of the B1G and they are dangerous. They won at Gonzaga, won at Maui. That would piss me off if we were a 1 and they are the 8-9.

No question. I hope they end the season strong so there is no chance of that just in case we get a 1 seed.

Live in Va. Va, has some good wins but also has some terrible losses. Word down here is that they have much work to do in order to get in the tournament. Agree on Illinois, saw them play Gonzaga and they looked really tough.

Illinois could well end up 7-11 in conference.., or at best 8-10... despite quality wins, I cant see Illini above 8 seed,

Bennett is a really good coach. I'm not saying his style of play is pleasing on the eyes, but he's been relatively successful without a lot of talent

Illinois could well end up 7-11 in conference.., or at best 8-10... despite quality wins, I cant see Illini above 8 seed,

This team has wins over Indiana, Gonzaga and Butler. Thats 3 top 10 wins.

They will be in the 8-9 slot...trust me

Old Dominion loss was awful... but Virinia is buildin a decent resume if you overlook bad losses. It would be te worst loss of a non auto bid.

Forecasted
23-10
RPI 63
2-2 vs top 25
4-3 vs top 50
8-4 vs top 100
13-7 in ACC

This team has wins over Indiana, Gonzaga and Butler. Thats 3 top 10 wins.

They will be in the 8-9 slot...trust me

Dont disagree at 8-9... but 7 or more is unlikely if 7-11 in conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom