SOS vs. Resume | Syracusefan.com

SOS vs. Resume

OrangeSky

2nd String
The SOS is often used to assess how good a team really is. The problem is, it doesn't account for the ups and downs that all teams go through. Sometimes teams play to their best, other times they don't.

Our SOS is currently 50. But we have gotten every team's "A" game. The competition has played up to us. We have a target on our back. Use the Duke game as an example. That game was final four-worthy.
Resume, in my mind, accounts for those ups and downs. While we may have a 50 SOS, our resume is much higher.

That's about as intelligent as I can make myself sound about basketball. I'm a casual but serious fan, and wanted to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'resume'. Because if it's record vs. Top 25, Top 50, and Top 100, those rankings include SOS.

Our sos is skewed because of the few teams that we played, that are over 300 in the rpi. We played some very good teams in the ooc schedule, our resume is better than anyone elses.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'resume'. Because if it's record vs. Top 25, Top 50, and Top 100, those rankings include SOS.
I don't really mean the record against high level teams, more like our resume is better than our SOS because teams happen to play us at such a high level. That makes them "functionally" better wins than their records suggest.

Every team we have is going to have a lower rpi because they've all lost to us. Rpi is what teams use to legitmize their losses to themselves. Our SOS is down because we have some teams ranked in the 300s skewing the figure vs other teams that will argue their sos is much better because they've beaten the 167th ranked team instead. To me, and team ranked over 150 is the same and for a better grasp take a teams top 10 ranked opponents to get an idea how tough their schedule has been.

Sos and resume only matter if you are a bubble team.

Remember when the bubble was nicknamed the boeheim?

Seems like a different life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom