Sounds like Greenberg out at VT | Syracusefan.com

Sounds like Greenberg out at VT

That's disappointing. His crying about not being in the tournament was one of my favorite college basketball traditions.

wouldnt mind to see him land at espn doing analysis work for the year. thought he was great during the ncaa tournament

Greenberg said he has no idea what the conference is about...if they didnt give him a heads up that sucks

He has SUPER hot offspring, and that...is commendable.

63199.jpg

It's the merciful thing to do. Watching Sethala come so close every year and not reach the climax of college hoops was painful. Hopefully this will give him resolution.

nevermind - it was jeff goodman who tweeted it earlier.

and he is now saying it is greenburg.

Seth Greenberg has gone 9 years at Virginia Tech and has 0 NCAA tournament wins. That is awful DePaul won a tournament game with Leito in the same time frame. I don't blame VPI for firing for Greenberg they just should have done it back in March. However, I will interested to see if Shaka Smart would be interested in staying in-state or who they get to replace Greenberg, but he is a great TV guy and will be a good analyst on ESPN for sure. I will miss Dick Vitale complaining each March that VPI and Greenberg didn't make the tournament.

Autry's exit interview at va tech seemingly was one of the reasons why Greenberg was canned.

My Tech friend(yes we I am sad I have a VPI friend) said he believes Jeff Capel will be the guy. That makes some sense considering he did well at VCU and Oklahoma so he would make some sense.

My Tech friend(yes we I am sad I have a VPI friend) said he believes Jeff Capel will be the guy. That makes some sense considering he did well at VCU and Oklahoma so he would make some sense.

A friend of mine is good friends of a former assistant to capel at Oklahoma. The assistant said capel is a world class dirtbag and that he'd be Calipari part ii if he actually had coaching talent.

That's disappointing. His crying about not being in the tournament was one of my favorite college basketball traditions.
Weird timing Wonder what happened between the end of the season and now... Tough time to have to hire a new coach and get ramped up with recruiting.

I heard from a number of people that Capel will never get another high D1 job again. He doesn't seem to get glowing reviews from folks who used to work with and around him. I guess someone may still take a chance on his pedigree at some point.

I dunno, when it comes to hoops VT reminds me of PSU, substituting the Big East/ACC schools in more urban areas around PSU for the Carolina schools. For all we know Greenberg was doing the best one could do there. You never know how these things might go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom