south carolina, uconn, gtown, st johns | Syracusefan.com

south carolina, uconn, gtown, st johns

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
assuming we dont do enough down the stretch to get in those are the games that are gonna keep us out of the tournament. even if we just split those games we're probably on the right side of the bubble right now and 9 or 10 acc wins would probably get us in. i think the team now would go 3-1 in those games, still losing to south carolina. and those nov/dec games are usually when we look our best.

assuming we dont do enough down the stretch to get in those are the games that are gonna keep us out of the tournament. even if we just split those games we're probably on the right side of the bubble right now and 9 or 10 acc wins would probably get us in. i think the team now would go 3-1 in those games, still losing to south carolina. and those nov/dec games are usually when we look our best.

South Carolina is a good team, that loss is totally fine. But the other 3, man. I'm not saying you gotta win all 3, but 2-2 should have been the worst case scenario. At which point 9-9 is probably good enough, or at least puts you right there, and 10 i would have felt very confident

USC lost 3 games without Thornwell, who could be POY and at UK, with Dozier out, who is their best scorer. I make them a darkhorse to win the NC.

When I was doing my preseason projections, I had us losing at Wisconsin and I threw another non-conf loss in there also just because I thought it might be a possibility. I honestly thought 2 losses was a worst case scenario. Never would have imagined losing all 3 former Big East games in addition to Wisc and SC. Still blows my mind.

They still don't make sense to me. St. John's and BC weren't just losses, we got drubbed. And only mustering 50 points against UCONN? Games like that will haunt for a while. But no sense dwelling I guess.

They still don't make sense to me. St. John's and BC weren't just losses, we got drubbed. And only mustering 50 points against UCONN? Games like that will haunt for a while. But no sense dwelling I guess.
Corner has already been turned. Your just bringing back bad vibes...man.

Just following the thread topic ...
Your right. I'm just thinking about these great wins of late. Do you think UVA Hoohas think they are coming to play December Cuse and walk out with an easy win? I bet their thinking that this will be as much of a dog fight as their game last week at Nova.

Your right. I'm just thinking about these great wins of late. Do you think UVA Hoohas think they are coming to play December Cuse and walk out with an easy win? I bet their thinking that this will be as much of a dog fight as their game last week at Nova.

I'd prefer them thinking they're in for a cakewalk. Catch them off guard and smack them in the mouth early just like FSU.

I'd prefer them thinking they're in for a cakewalk. Catch them off guard and smack them in the mouth early just like FSU.
I wish that were the case, but Bennett and the rest know better. SU is the better team and will win anyHoo.

The Gtown game won't, their rpi is like 50, the game we are going to bang our heads against the wall if we just miss, is Uconn, I still don't know how we blew that game.

The Gtown game won't, their rpi is like 50, the game we are going to bang our heads against the wall if we just miss, is Uconn, I still don't know how we blew that game.
We gave that game away when we went slow-down. We were running away from them at that point and then we took the air out of the ball.

Agreed, and add St. John's as well, not just because we lost, but the 30pt shellacking we absorbed. The optics on that one just suck!

The St. John's game is the biggest killer. A home loss to a lousy team just kills you. UConn is at least considered neutral court.

The St. John's game is the biggest killer. A home loss to a lousy team just kills you. UConn is at least considered neutral court.

How we play the last 7 games of this season will matter more. We need at least 2 wins in the ACC tournament.

How we play the last 7 games of this season will matter more. We need at least 2 wins in the ACC tournament.
Yep. Figure 2 wins at home, 2 wins on road, 2 wins in ACCT. If we can do that we likely get in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom