Southerland felt like the Orange were outrebounded | Syracusefan.com

Southerland felt like the Orange were outrebounded

Niastri

Two Time Iggy Award Winner: Edwards for Three!
Interesting point in the post game interview with Southerland. He said "I felt like they outrebounded us" during the interview with the Mayor.

Syracuse won the rebounding battle 27-19 tonight.

I remember several times where Syracuse gets beat on the boards or breaks even and our players are quoted indicating they are ok with their rebounding.

Was this a misspeak by a young (although a senior) man in his first interview, or a slight change in philosophy. Southerland took 4 rebounds, but 1 was a followup dunk. Did he lose his personal rebounding battles, and extrapolate to the rest of the team? Or is there a change in focus toward rebounding lately?

I continually look for hints as to how Hopkins is going to run this program, and JB keeps moving back and letting his boy do more and more... Is Hopkins emphasizing rebounds in a way that JB never did?

Is Hopkins emphasizing rebounds in a way that JB never did?

I don't know about this specifically. But I do know that Hop is a different Coach than JB. And that is a part of why he is where he is. And JB knows that.

JB is beyond a great coach and those who think that JB doesn't think about the future are crazy. What most Cuse fans fail to realize is that one of the things that makes JB great is how much he cares about what happens to this program after he is gone. While I don't agree with everything he does on the court, we are _fresking_blessed_ to have that straight talking coach as the definition of what SU Hoops is.

If you need a leading indicator of this, go strike up a conversation with someone who is really dialed in to recruiting and ask them what they and the kids think of Hop. Whole different ball game.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom