Southerland/ tourney resume | Syracusefan.com

Southerland/ tourney resume

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
Simple question: With all of the pundits so quick to mention that Reggie Johnson's injury/absence for their back-to-back December losses to Arizona & Indiana St. must be factored in when evaluating their resume, as Lunardi has specifically stated that "they only have one true loss at full strength", is it fair to assume that Southerland's absence for the 2 of our losses will be equally factored in & given the same consideration?

FWIW, Johnson is 5th on his team in MPG, 4th in PPG, & 1st in RPG while James is 4th in MPG, 3rd in PPG, & 4th in RBG while obviously being our top 3pt threat.

I'm not trying to compare our resume to Miami's, but rather am interested in opinions on whether the committee will, subconsciously or not, look at a suspension the same way that they do an injury.

Simple question: With all of the pundits so quick to mention that Reggie Johnson's injury/absence for their back-to-back December losses to Arizona & Indiana St. must be factored in when evaluating their resume, as Lunardi has specifically stated that "they only have one true loss at full strength", is it fair to assume that Southerland's absence for the 2 of our losses will be equally factored in & given the same consideration?

FWIW, Johnson is 5th on his team in MPG, 4th in PPG, & 1st in RPG while James is 4th in MPG, 3rd in PPG, & 4th in RBG while obviously being our top 3pt threat.

I'm not trying to compare our resume to Miami's, but rather am interested in opinions on whether the committee will, subconsciously or not, look at a suspension the same way that they do an injury.
There was a link to this in Syracuse.com the other day involving a mock NCAA bracket and this discussion was brought up. The counter argument was that we beat Louisville at their place, without Southerland. http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/02/the_ncaas_mock_selection_exerc.html

I don't like the whole playing god with results. Evaluate the wins and losses and don't make any assumptions.

My point was not to suggest that the outcome of any game would've been different, I simply find it odd that there has been very little mention of & not nearly the emphasis placed on James' absence, at least by ESPN's analysts, when discussing our record. I guess that I'm just curious as to whether it may have something to do with an injury being perceived to be "out of the players control" while a suspension possibly being viewed differently. Just to be clear, I'm not implying anything regarding James's suspension, just the public's perspective of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom