Southerland | Syracusefan.com

Southerland

Cuse_MN

Scout Team
Kid just had one of the best games in SU history and yet the folks who have been haters the last few yrs can't help themselves. Amazed at the number of comments on this board after a game like that about how one dimensional he is, no handle, can't defend, etc. Time will tell where basketball takes him, but he is on pace to be the 6th man of the year in all of college basketball. Been watching Cuse bball for decades and I'm struggling to think who has had a better looking shot than James does this year. I'm not necessarily talking percentages and surely James won't keep up this 55% pace, but the mechanics, rotation, release, etc of his shot are simply amazing right now. Even the 45% misses look like they are going in and most of them are barely off. He's 6'8" and can get a shot off over anyone he wants. At least a couple of the makes last night were well defended. Mathematically, I don't want James to put the ball on the floor much and I imagine JB doesn't either. If he's hitting 3s at this pace, you'd rather him not dribble penetrate for a 2 pointer. Its two years ago now that JB was publicly critical of JS rebounding, defense etc. He says nothing but positive things about him now and yet 'fans' on this board cling to those old statements. 35 pts, 6 rb's and would have been more w/o some ticky tack calls from the ref's. Clearly can't expect JS to play like he did last night again, but I'm all aboard the JS train, he's gonna have a huge year, get drafted and the haters will eat crow.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Kid just had one of the best games in SU history and yet the folks who have been haters the last few yrs can't help themselves. Amazed at the number of comments on this board after a game like that about how one dimensional he is, no handle, can't defend, etc. Time will tell where basketball takes him, but he is on pace to be the 6th man of the year in all of college basketball. Been watching Cuse bball for decades and I'm struggling to think who has had a better looking shot than James does this year. I'm not necessarily talking percentages and surely James won't keep up this 55% pace, but the mechanics, rotation, release, etc of his shot are simply amazing right now. Even the 45% misses look like they are going in and most of them are barely off. He's 6'8" and can get a shot off over anyone he wants. At least a couple of the makes last night were well defended. Mathematically, I don't want James to put the ball on the floor much and I imagine JB doesn't either. If he's hitting 3s at this pace, you'd rather him not dribble penetrate for a 2 pointer. Its two years ago now that JB was publicly critical of JS rebounding, defense etc. He says nothing but positive things about him now and yet 'fans' on this board cling to those old statements. 35 pts, 6 rb's and would have been more w/o some ticky tack calls from the ref's. Clearly can't expect JS to play like he did last night again, but I'm all aboard the JS train, he's gonna have a huge year, get drafted and the haters will eat crow.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed he is the same age as Wes was when he went 4th in the draft. He is longer has a higher release point and is just as athletic. Neither has a great handle. Catching and shooting is an NBA skill.

Up to this point in the season JS is the best 6th man in the history of college basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom