Southerlands 4th and Grant | Syracusefan.com

Southerlands 4th and Grant

longislandcuse

Living Legend
How many of you are clamoring for Grant to get minutes at Southerlands expense now? We were up 16 when Southerland went out. Grant does not play better defense than Southerland and it was evident in his defensive lapses. Grant doesn't rebound like Southerland as evident by getting outworked on 50/50 rebounds and most of all Grant is not a scoring threat or a deep threat. Ville packed it in and went balls out to pressure because they weren't scared of getting burnt. COMPLETE GAME CHANGER.

Grant with the deer in the head lights look out there tonight

You're right, we could never beat Louisville if we had to rely on Grant rather than Southerland.

I kid, I kid. Dirty is obviously crucial, but Grant is one of the absolute last people that collapse can be placed on. That collapse started with our guards, and frankly, pretty much ended with our guards. They were horrendous down the stretch.

You're right, we could never beat Louisville if we had to rely on Grant rather than Southerland.

I kid, I kid. Dirty is obviously crucial, but Grant is one of the absolute last people that collapse can be placed on. That collapse started with our guards, and frankly, pretty much ended with our guards. They were horrendous down the stretch.
Agreed! But Grant had 0 rebounds! A couple boards which he could have and should have pulled down and they don't get to press and maybe we actually get a shot off on offense.

Like we said though, who was MCW or Triche going to pass to? Who gets us spacing? Our guards played the whole time we went up by 16. Only one thing changed when we melted down and lost the lead.. He also had some horrible defensive rotations that all bit us in the a$$

Southerland's 4th just happened (convientantly) to be a landmark play, even if he didn't get that foul we still would have lost. Ville got going and we couldn't stop them. Their #4 for a reason.

There's people here who said we were better with Grant (when Southerland was coming back). A lot of the same people who SCREAMED for BMK to get yanked in favor of Christmas. Our fans bball IQ is worse than our players most of the time.

With that said, we will be fine. We look much better now. The last 15 mins tonight was a perfect storm against a bad team. My suggestion is just to use this board for info and ignore most of the opinions.

Holy myopia batman. Grant's play tonight only FURTHER proves he should have been getting more time after dirty came back. You cant sit a kid on his ass game after game and then expect him to be anything close to useful when suddenly he is needed. He absolutely proved that with regular minutes he could contribute. I obviously have been a supporter of Dirty getting the lion's share of minutes, but I did not agree with the complete icing of JG.

I like em both, and when JS was on his streak you had no argument from me. But he wasn't like that all year and Grant did shine at times. I wouldn't call fro one over the other as JB sees them a lot more than I do. I can remember a time wen people made comments about JS as if he he was a waste of a scholarship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom