Sox Bobby Valentine down playing the Yankkee's off season acquisitions | Syracusefan.com

Sox Bobby Valentine down playing the Yankkee's off season acquisitions

CaliCuse

All American
Kind of funny actually considering how they fared last season plugging both Colon and Freddy into the rotation. Regardless of who the Yanks put in at DHthe lineup will be stronger.So will the Sox presuming their 2011 outfielder whose name escapes me comes out hot. But we can counter with a Tex who doesn't overswing and leave RISP consistently.

The Red Sox have the best line-up in baseball when they're healthy. Carl Crawford won't be as awful as he was last year and they made a nice trade for Seth Smith. I'm stunned that they haven't done too much with pitching but with alot of players stuck in long term deals or hurt it handcuffs the organization. They better pray for no injuries to the staff this year or to work a miracle like the Yankees patchjob rotation last year. Then you have the Rays who have the opposite of the Red Sox problem - great pitching and an below average lineup.

The Red Sox have the best line-up in baseball when they're healthy. Carl Crawford won't be as awful as he was last year and they made a nice trade for Seth Smith. I'm stunned that they haven't done too much with pitching but with alot of players stuck in long term deals or hurt it handcuffs the organization. They better pray for no injuries to the staff this year or to work a miracle like the Yankees patchjob rotation last year. Then you have the Rays who have the opposite of the Red Sox problem - great pitching and an below average lineup.
As long as we,the Yankees beat them out. I love the city of Boston but their fans are excessive.

I said this before he officially became manager but; valentine + red sox = hahahahahaha!

Makes me laugh.

Well said. Crawford will get healthy and I don't see how he won't be better than last year. Seth Smith was traded to the A's, but we did acquire Ryan Sweeney. We took a few flyers on some low risk guys that may or may not pan out. I like the Aaron Cook signing. If healthy, he's a solid groundball pitcher that would fair well with our very good defensive infield. Not as excited about Padilla but time will tell. I also like the organizational depth with Lavarnway and Middlebrooks not too far off. If some of the young pitching prospects can rebound from tough years (Pimentel, Britton, Tazawa) and we can utilize the bullpen depth we've added (Melancon and Bailey) I think the outlook is similar to what it was before last season. Should be a very dangerous team if the top three starters can stay healthy. We're absolutely going to score enough runs.

Bobby Valentine might be the kick in the butt the Sox need. Tito was a little too "Joe Torre" I think. But at some point during the course of the season, Valentine is going to p*ss off a lot of Red Sox fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom