Speak now or forever hold your peace | Syracusefan.com

Speak now or forever hold your peace

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Part 2. We came too far and are too good to fade into mediocricity(sp). Will the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up. CJ needs to hit shots plain and simple, he cant disappear or so do we. Grant needs to be healthy and give us his spin move drives to the basket for buckets and rebounds on the other end. Cooneys still playing the confidence game in his head. Just shoot dont think, we need you to hit a few to open the offense and easier baskets for others.

when this team had something to prove it rose above. It hasn't had something to prove the last few weeks.

Its amazing that people don't realize we have something to prove again!
Being number 11 is laughable, we belong in the top 5.

Some make take offense. We cannot win shooting 38% consistently. CJ cannot win single handedly. Grant needs to be healthy. Rak needs to be in the game... he scores, blocks, and sets up the rebounding. TE needs to be TE. Our defense needs to be less porous. We need scoring!! We need somebody who is a legitimate 3 point threat. I think that we saw what SU can be and, earlier in the year, was in their game against FSU. If they bring that game and team to the tournies... we are a legitimate threat.

Part 2. We came too far and are too good to fade into mediocricity(sp). Will the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up. CJ needs to hit shots plain and simple, he cant disappear or so do we. Grant needs to be healthy and give us his spin move drives to the basket for buckets and rebounds on the other end. Cooneys still playing the confidence game in his head. Just shoot dont think, we need you to hit a few to open the offense and easier baskets for others.

I missed "part 1" I guess.

I could not watch the FSU game live, and missed whatever board jibber jabber it created. After watching it on tape, and knowing the score, I was surprised that the game was so "similar" (i.e. not dissimilar) to our other games. Save for the 25% where we played really, really good.

The difference, and it was slight, in the other 75% was that we hit a few shots that we otherwise were missing in our swoon. Gut feel, it was just one or two shots, here and there. In the swoon, we missed them, and would get down 4. Against FSU, we made them and were constantly up 4-6. Combine that with getting a call here and there in our favor, and the whole complexity of the game changed there at the end.

When I saw that we had won by 18 or so, and people on Facebook were crowing about Cooney, Grant, etc, I thought that it was a true breakout game. What I saw when I watched was more of the same for the vast percentage of the game.

Fair is amazing. What a big time Melo like performance.

We need steady Eddie performances from Ennis, Grant, Fair, as we've gotten most of the year. And to do damage, we need Cooney to truly get out of his shooting slump. We really do.

I don't know what to expect from this team. It's going to be cardiac Cuse all the way.

Cooney needs to make some shots plain and simple. That opens up everything else.

He needs to make a couple drive-by jumpers from 15 and then work his way back. Need to keep the guys face guarding him honest. I'd love to see a couple back door cuts/picks to free Cooney up for an easy basket early (maybe even a slam dunk).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom