Speaking of our poor FT shooting... | Syracusefan.com

Speaking of our poor FT shooting...

JoeSU

All American
... I have to wonder if this is the reason why JB didn't go into his usual stall when we had a cushion with 2-3 minutes left (especially since we were in the double bonus). I was really surprised to see us keep pressing, which is not JB's usual MO. I guess Boeheim didn't want to place the game outcome on our ability to make FTs.
As an aside, I think this radical change in approach answers the critics who think Boeheim is too set in his ways.

We did start stalling the ball but they started fouling. The white dude fouled CJ and that's about the time SU would either make 1 out of 2 or miss both. I swear I was ready to throw something at the TV last night the last 3-5 minutes with all the missed foul shots by SU.

We did start stalling the ball but they started fouling. The white dude fouled CJ and that's about the time SU would either make 1 out of 2 or miss both. I swear I was ready to throw something at the TV last night the last 3-5 minutes with all the missed foul shots by SU.
Prior to when Cal decided to intentionally foul us, it didn't look like we were attempting to milk the shot clock. Hard to say under 1:30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom