Special performance at the SU Softball Stadium | Syracusefan.com

Special performance at the SU Softball Stadium

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
rp_primary_SU_Seniors_Web.jpg

SU's six seniors pose before the game

Jen Caira, taking the mound in her final home appearence in front of her father, who had never seen her pitch live during her career, spun a masterful no hitter today against the 18th ranked South Florida Bulls. Marc Caira & family live in Switzerland so it was especially nice to see her perform so well.

Good news on the injury front it appears that both Julie Wambold and Lisaira Daniels will be available for BET action which starts Thursday in South Bend Indiana at Notre Dame. The win was SU's 40th and puts them into 3rd place behind Louisville & Notre Dame.

Here is the game story & an interview with Jen

don't worry dan,I am very proud of these girls also

don't worry dan,I am very proud of these girls also
I am proud of them too. Jenna belongs in the College Softball Hall of Fame. She is that good.

As a side note, I found this picture of the Caira family taken just before she left for SU. Jenna is the one with the white ones on the right.

entire_cast_sound+of+music.jpg

I went to the double header at UConn a couple of weeks back. Really nice team and Jenna is just great.

I am proud of them too. Jenna belongs in the College Softball Hall of Fame. She is that good.

As a side note, I found this picture of the Caira family taken just before she left for SU. Jenna is the one with the white ones on the right.

She looks like she's 16, going on 17. Did she enter college early? ;)

No I went down to congratulate Jen & her family on a great career here. How did your girls enjoy the day?

Zigge-Zagge Zigge-Zagge Hoi-Hoi-Hoi

She looks like she's 16, going on 17. Did she enter college early? ;)
She did. She is a terrific student. Can sing like a bird too, which comes in handy when there is a need for chatter from the bench.

On a side note, the blond boy next to Jenna is a young Niels Giffey. It is her half brother. Giffey is basketball player who attends UConn. He is more known for his perfect soprano pitch than his ability to play hoops. Watch out for the UConn Choir in 2012. They have the talent to go all the way.

Go Jenna! Go Kelly! On Lacey, on Stacy, on Porter and Jasmine! You can do it!

It's nice to see players from the other team sports supporting each other. A frequent visitor to the softball complex this season has been Baye Moussa Keita. The other day CJ Fair tried hitting against Jen Caira. The results weren't so positive, I heard a video may be going up soon on You Tube. A couple of the other basketball players tried too without success.

No I went down to congratulate Jen & her family on a great career here. How did your girls enjoy the day?

They were awestruck by Jen and the line drive homerun that almost ripped the net down in right. Their only dissappointment was that "Uncle Orangeyes" didn't bring them down to meet Jen Caira.

They were awestruck by Jen and the line drive homerun that almost ripped the net down in right. Their only dissappointment was that "Uncle Orangeyes" didn't bring them down to meet Jen Cairo.
I wish I knew they wanted to meet her.

Did you see Breanna Stewart there? She sat right behind me and has been to several games.

Saw the whole family there. I thought you might be able to talk her and her parents into reneging on the UConn commit.

How has the attendance been for these games? Curious to know if this is becoming a bigger deal up there with their recent run of Big East titles and NCAA appearances. Very unique to have a northern team be able to make it to a bunch of NCAA tournies in a row.

SU's six seniors pose before the game

Jen Caira, taking the mound in her final home appearence in front of her father, who had never seen her pitch live during her career, spun a masterful no hitter today against the 18th ranked South Florida Bulls. Marc Caira & family live in Switzerland so it was especially nice to see her perform so well.

Good news on the injury front it appears that both Julie Wambold and Lisaira Daniels will be available for BET action which starts Thursday in South Bend Indiana at Notre Dame. The win was SU's 40th and puts them into 3rd place behind Louisville & Notre Dame.

Did the Caira family take a cab from NYC, or did they manage to find a connection to Hancock?

How has the attendance been for these games? Curious to know if this is becoming a bigger deal up there with their recent run of Big East titles and NCAA appearances. Very unique to have a northern team be able to make it to a bunch of NCAA tournies in a row.

wofm_sym-phony_1_e.jpg

Over the weekend there were over 500 people who attended the games. I'd love to see SU make a few improvements such as team pictures on the fence of their 2010 & 2011 Big East Championship teams and the NCAA logo's from the sub-regionals they played in. Every other school crows about their achievements. I'd love to see the Sour Sitrus Society show up once in a while. Florida State & Michigan have pep bands at some of their games and it's cool, like a throw back to Ebbett's Field and the Dodger's Sym-Phony. Hearing, "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" live would add to the atmosphere.

About the Sym-Phony

Did the Caira family take a cab from NYC, or did they manage to find a connection to Hancock?
They are not the Kristof Ongenaet family.;) There were about 10 family members with #29 jersey's, it might have gotten expense to take two cabs.

Jen's special performances over the weekend earned her USA Collegiate Player of the Week

She is the first ever SU softball player to recieve this honor.

Jen is class all the way and we were lucky to have her represent Syracuse University for four years.