Special Teams | Syracusefan.com

Special Teams

anomander

Living Legend
19 penalties called on our special teams alone this season. let that sink in , 19 penalties, and it's not like we even have a punt or KO return threat. Throw in an easy blocked PAT that cost us the game, and once again we have some of the worst special teams in the country. Why don't we spend some of that money we are wasting on all these high paid Olympic Sport coaches that nobody gives a stuff about and hire a full time ST coach?

I'd say ask Doc Gross, but he's on the beach in Maui with the one team who doesn't need anything from him.

i was giving him the benefit of the doubt until the latest news LIC posted about the IPF being put on hold. Part of my post was in anger about that. I just can't see any way to justify that. Nobody gives a stuff about any of those programs, but you want to burn money there? It just doesn't make any sense? I know facilities have to come from private donors, but they built the Melo Center before it was fully funded. Plus these coaches salaries aren't from donations, they are hand outs. They have a golden goose in the football program if they want to invest in it, but they seem fine with mediocrity, and it's really getting frustrated. The money the Football program made during their 90's bowl run was put into a University pot, they should give something back. We're never going to be able to compete at the level this community wants them to unless there is an investment made. This program isn't going to magically fix itself. The University were the ones to run the program into the ground to start, they should help unbury it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom