Sporting News: Top 10 CBB Programs since 2010 | Syracusefan.com

Sporting News: Top 10 CBB Programs since 2010

Kansas is so overrated. Joke putting them in top 6. No respect for Louisville. Guess titles don’t matter.

These are the kinds of lists that now get me depressed because we obviously aren’t on it because of the past 4-5 years of mediocrity. We’d probably be in the second 10 though because of our 2 Final Fours, very good tourney success, and 2 BE titles earlier in the decade. Without looking, my guess for the 10 would be Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, Villanova, Michigan State, Michigan, Louisville, Gonzaga and UConn (barf). Virginia, Wisconsin, Florida, and Ohio State just on the outside, along with us.

These are the kinds of lists that now get me depressed because we obviously aren’t on it because of the past 4-5 years of mediocrity. We’d probably be in the second 10 though because of our 2 Final Fours, very good tourney success, and 2 BE titles earlier in the decade. Without looking, my guess for the 10 would be Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, Villanova, Michigan State, Michigan, Louisville, Gonzaga and UConn (barf). Virginia, Wisconsin, Florida, and Ohio State just on the outside, along with us.

In the first half of the decade we would’ve been top 5 on a list like this. We were on such a roll.

Well, we are #10 on this particular list.

Ha the one I got wrong was us! my 11-15 has some misses too. Glad to see we made it. And no UVA! That’s what happens when you crap the bed in the tourney!

Yes...we are sooo doomed. Wrong!!!!
Apparently others view our program a lot more favorably then some of our snowflake fans.

Yes...we are sooo doomed. Wrong!!!!
Apparently others view our program a lot more favorably then some of our snowflake fans.
I guessed we were probably in the 11-15 range! I never suggested in any way that the program is doomed. I don’t think that in the least. I said we’ve been mired in a bit of mediocrity recently (compared to our usual top 25 standards) which would put us farther down these types of lists that favor more recent results or regular season results. (Over the past 40 years, we’re well within the top 10 because of our consistency.) This list favored tourney success over regular season success so it put us at #10, which is great. And Virginia is nowhere to be found because they’ve struggled to win in the tourney.

I guessed we were probably in the 11-15 range! I never suggested in any way that the program is doomed. I don’t think that in the least. I said we’ve been mired in a bit of mediocrity recently (compared to our usual top 25 standards) which would put us farther down these types of lists that favor more recent results or regular season results. (Over the past 40 years, we’re well within the top 10 because of our consistency.) This list favored tourney success over regular season success so it put us at #10, which is great. And Virginia is nowhere to be found because they’ve struggled to win in the tourney.
Fair enough...and mea culpa if I came off as a little salty. I've just had it up-to-here with the negativity of these boards lately. JMHO

I don’t see #10 as being bad

Two Final Fours, three more Elite Eights, won their conference every single season of the decade. Come on, they're elite.

They are Elite but they shouldn’t be 3rd. You think a KU fan wouldn’t trade their 2010-2018 seasons for Nova’s, UNC’s, Louisville’s, or even UConn’s?

They are also very overrated which in turn makes the Big 8/12/10 overrated. Two titles in the last 66 seasons and they are above teams with two this decade? The Big 12 can’t get other teams into the Final Four. They have one combined in the last 14 seasons.

They are Elite but they shouldn’t be 3rd. You think a KU fan wouldn’t trade their 2010-2018 seasons for Nova’s, UNC’s, Louisville’s, or even UConn’s?

They are also very overrated which in turn makes the Big 8/12/10 overrated. Two titles in the last 66 seasons and they are above teams with two this decade? The Big 12 can’t get other teams into the Final Four. They have one combined in the last 14 seasons.

A fluke hot run thru the NCAA's (or 2 - o hai UConn) is not replicable.

Winning a P5 conference championship each and every goddamn year for forever - is clearly very much replicable.

If not for our really great '10 & '12 seasons, and those 2 unexpected FF runs, we'd be somewhere in the teens for this past decade most likely.

It's based on the entirety of that time period, not just he high points for a given team.

For better or worse, Kansas has been consistently pretty good to very good the whole way.

A fluke hot run thru the NCAA's (or 2 - o hai UConn) is not replicable.

Winning a P5 conference championship each and every goddamn year for forever - is clearly very much replicable.

If not for our really great '10 & '12 seasons, and those 2 unexpected FF runs, we'd be somewhere in the teens for this past decade most likely.

It's based on the entirety of that time period, not just he high points for a given team.

For better or worse, Kansas has been consistently pretty good to very good the whole way.

UNC, Louisville, and Nova have not been? UConn is a stretch given their lows. The other three are easily ahead of KU. B12 titles shouldn’t be more important than NCAA titles.

It’s not like it’s some guys opinion. They made up a formula, put numbers into it, and KU came out number 3.

Unless you think they reverse engineered their formula. I mean that’s a take.

UNC, Louisville, and Nova have not been? UConn is a stretch given their lows. The other three are easily ahead of KU. B12 titles shouldn’t be more important than NCAA titles.

I feel like if any fanbase should be able to appreciate the importance of evaluating a program's entire body of work with few titles to show for it, it would be SU fans.

It’s not like it’s some guys opinion. They made up a formula, put numbers into it, and KU came out number 3.

Unless you think they reverse engineered their formula. I mean that’s a take.

Lol real scientific formula. This isn’t advanced stats. It is categorized by humans and weighted by humans. Are you that dense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom