Sportsmanship | Syracusefan.com

Sportsmanship

SU in Hershey

Starter
I have never started a thread and didn't see this mentioned elsewhere, but I felt it necessary to comment on the fact that despite the March Madness feel to the game, the typical physical Big East style, and the nail-biter that it was, it was a game that seemed played by two teams that genuinely respected each other. There were several times where players helped each other up or patted each other, and I don't recall any chippy fouls, etc. The hometown fans were also exemplary (as mentioned on another thread) even when they got hosed on a couple of calls. Kudos to both teams. I am so glad they are coming with us to the ACC! LGO!!

Agree with everything you said. It was March in January... with respect on both sides. I think the two coaches set the tone... given their respect for each other.

And if Tom Jurich was telling the truth, how can their fans possibly hate us if we lobbied to get them in the ACC?

I have never started a thread and didn't see this mentioned elsewhere, but I felt it necessary to comment on the fact that despite the March Madness feel to the game, the typical physical Big East style, and the nail-biter that it was, it was a game that seemed played by two teams that genuinely respected each other. There were several times where players helped each other up or patted each other, and I don't recall any chippy fouls, etc. The hometown fans were also exemplary (as mentioned on another thread) even when they got hosed on a couple of calls. Kudos to both teams. I am so glad they are coming with us to the ACC! LGO!!
Great first thread! Louisville's got the right attitude and calm, to go along with the obvious talent. They're going to be tourney ready come March.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom