Spring Football Review/Chat with Stephen Bailey Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football Review/Chat with Stephen Bailey Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
CuseLegacy has arranged a chat with award-winning SU football beat writer Stephen Bailey. It will be a free format chat where people attending can ask whatever question they want, as long as the rules for asking questions in the chatroom are followed.

Since spring football is ending Saturday afternoon, the focus of the chat is expected to center on that, but if you want to ask about other things, you can. Anyone can attend. If you aren't comfortable asking questions, it is also fine just to sit in and listen to others ask questions (and hear Stephen answer them).

It will be held Wednesday night at 8 PM. There will be no posting of the transcript afterwards, so if you want to know what happened in the chat, you are going to have to attend the chat.

Thank you.

Remember there is a chat tonight at 8:00...bring all your football questions.

Out of curiosity why isn't the transcript being posted? Wouldn't that generate more page views for the site which would lead to more advertising money?

If it's because of an agreement with Bailey then I get it... 8pm est is a really tough time for something like this if you don't live in the eastern timezone and have a family.

Out of curiosity why isn't the transcript being posted? Wouldn't that generate more page views for the site which would lead to more advertising money?

If it's because of an agreement with Bailey then I get it... 8pm est is a really tough time for something like this if you don't live in the eastern timezone and have a family.
The chat room is a very informal setting where we want to set up an environment where our chat room guests can speak freely. The goal is to get opinions and other info in a chat that wouldn't ever appear in the mainstream media. Lastly, we don't want to post a transcript and find that an off hand comment from a guest gets them in trouble.

The decision not to post chat room transcripts is something we do towards these ends. I am sorry for the people that forget or can't make it but this is a board policy we are unlikely to change.

The chat room is a very informal setting where we want to set up an environment where our chat room guests can speak freely. The goal is to get opinions and other info in a chat that wouldn't ever appear in the mainstream media. Lastly, we don't want to post a transcript and find that an off hand comment from a guest gets them in trouble.

The decision not to post chat room transcripts is something we do towards these ends. I am sorry for the people that forget or can't make it but this is a board policy we are unlikely to change.
Cool.. thanks for the explanation. I remember they used to be posted on the pay board when we had one but I guess that's long gone.

sutomcat said:
The chat room is a very informal setting where we want to set up an environment where our chat room guests can speak freely. The goal is to get opinions and other info in a chat that wouldn't ever appear in the mainstream media. Lastly, we don't want to post a transcript and find that an off hand comment from a guest gets them in trouble. The decision not to post chat room transcripts is something we do towards these ends. I am sorry for the people that forget or can't make it but this is a board policy we are unlikely to change.

That makes a lot of sense. I wish someone could post an overview - or some nuggets though. Kind of a curating the content or summarizing somethings that are worth sharing that would protect the guest, but provide value to board members.

These things seem to always happen at bedtime for the kids, so I miss out.

No worries either way. I appreciate that they happen and the intent behind them fully.