Spring Game quick notes | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game quick notes

MattyL

Walk On
I'm sure some out-of-towners are looking for some spring game info. I'll post a few things quickly...

- Showed up at 11:50. The game was 4 minutes in. Sweet.
- Pugh didn't play. Upper body injury.
- Nassib looked like Nassib. Some really nice throws. Some not so nice throws.
- Nice to see Sales playing again. Our best WR. Looking forward to see Sales and Lemon play together again. He caught a couple balls and could've scored with one but the throw slowed him down a half step.
- Broyld is going to be a star. Hard not to watch him every time he steps on the field. Had the best play of the game, took a pass in the flat and ran for 44 yards. He took most snaps at RB, but also split out a few times. He also took a pass behind the line, then completed it back to Loeb. This throw in particular was better than any of Kinder's.
- Oline didn't give the QBs time to throw. Ugh.
- Some decent carries by PTG and Jerome Smith. A few 8-10 yard gains here and there. Nothing spectacular.
- Back up QBs... ugh.
- Lichtenstein missed a couple fgs.
- Can't speak on the OL individually. I seem to watch the skill guys every play.
- Quite honestly, when your O doesn't score the entire scrimmage, it's hard to be positive about their day.

Defense obviously had more bright spots.
- I thought the DLine played very well. Bromley had a safety with a "sack" of Loeb. Sloan made plays. Welsh made plays. B. Sharpe scooped up a Kinder fumble for the days only TD. Crume made a few plays as well.
- Diabate made a ton of plays. Also had a pick.
- Dom Anene had 2-3 tackles for losses (against the 1's I think).
- Reddish is ready. Star in the making.
- Tons of young athletes. The group of Desir, Eskridge, Vigille, George, Mungwa are starting to look the part. Desir caught some punts btw.
- On the Diabate INT, he had a decent return and his defensive teammates were looking to lay out offensive guys trying to tackle. At the end of the play, Wilkes took a shot on Broyld who was already on the ground. Thought Broyld would get up pissed, but they slapped hands and separated. Glad AB was ok.

It was nice to see the team back on the field. I know these notes aren't very detailed, but was with friends and their kids so I wasn't always locked in. Plus, I'm no Tomcat to begin with.

At least Nassib slowed him down a half step vs over throwing him by 2 steps... we can build on this!

I attended the spring game Matty and your right on with your thread here are some of my thoughts

nassib and the offense looked pretty much the same as last year, not much from the running game and some bone-headed penalties from the line. However Sales and Broyle look like they could make some big plays (Broyle started at tailback on the second string.)

defense- Line looked good (i think Bromley may have a good year, he had at least one sack and looked to be a factor in a number of plays, he was on the second squad.) Linbackers no one really stood out to me. Secondary gave up a couple big throws but also made a couple of plays.

I attended the spring game Matty and your right on with your thread here are some of my thoughts

nassib and the offense looked pretty much the same as last year, not much from the running game and some bone-headed penalties from the line. However Sales and Broyle look like they could make some big plays (Broyle started at tailback on the second string.)

defense- Line looked good (i think Bromley may have a good year, he had at least one sack and looked to be a factor in a number of plays, he was on the second squad.) Linbackers no one really stood out to me. Secondary gave up a couple big throws but also made a couple of plays.

I disagree that the offense - at least in terms of scheme looks the same as last year.

Otherwise, I agree, Matty's report is solid.

I'm sure some out-of-towners are looking for some spring game info. I'll post a few things quickly...

- Nice to see Sales playing again. Our best WR. Looking forward to see Sales and Lemon play together again. He caught a couple balls and could've scored with one but the throw slowed him down a half step.
- Broyld is going to be a star. Hard not to watch him every time he steps on the field. Had the best play of the game, took a pass in the flat and ran for 44 yards. He took most snaps at RB, but also split out a few times. He also took a pass behind the line, then completed it back to Loeb. This throw in particular was better than any of Kinder's.
- Some decent carries by PTG and Jerome Smith. A few 8-10 yard gains here and there. Nothing spectacular.
- Back up QBs... ugh.
- Can't speak on the OL individually. I seem to watch the skill guys every play.
- Quite honestly, when your O doesn't score the entire scrimmage, it's hard to be positive about their day.

- I thought the DLine played very well. Bromley had a safety with a "sack" of Loeb. Sloan made plays. Welsh made plays. B. Sharpe scooped up a Kinder fumble for the days only TD. Crume made a few plays as well.
- Tons of young athletes. The group of Desir, Eskridge, Vigille, George, Mungwa are starting to look the part. Desir caught some punts btw.
- On the Diabate INT, he had a decent return and his defensive teammates were looking to lay out offensive guys trying to tackle. At the end of the play, Wilkes took a shot on Broyld who was already on the ground. Thought Broyld would get up pissed, but they slapped hands and separated. Glad AB was ok.

It was nice to see the team back on the field. I know these notes aren't very detailed, but was with friends and their kids so I wasn't always locked in. Plus, I'm no Tomcat to begin with.
thanks from an out of towner

I disagree that the offense - at least in terms of scheme looks the same as last year.

Otherwise, I agree, Matty's report is solid.

ya different scheme but same results, no leadership from nassib and drive killing penalties

- Back up QBs... ugh.

Thanks for the report, I almost feel like I was there, oh wait a minute...

Broyld is obviously very athletic and talented. I did, however, think he looked gassed most of the time yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom