Spring Game Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game Thoughts

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
I like Broyld (really like Ashton), Sloan, PT Gulley, Foy, Welsh, Reddish, Sharpe, and many other defensive players.

Pleased that Beaulieu caught a pass and looks like an athlete.

I think the athletic ability of the team has been raised and I think many of the young OL and DL have gotten bigger and stronger.

It was painfully obvious that we still do not have a quarterback that can carry this team. I don't want to pile on Nassib, but his body language on the field and even more so on the sidelines, is depressing. It has to have an effect on his teammates. He looks like he's going through a root canal. No enthusiam at all.

It was painfully obvious that we still do not have a quarterback that can carry this team. I don't want to pile on Nassib, but his body language on the field and even more so on the sidelines, is depressing. It has to have an effect on his teammates. He looks like he's going through a root canal. No enthusiam at all.

And from watching Broyld for the first time, he is the exact opposite (i'm not saying broyld should be our qb, just comparing their on field demeanor). Ashton's body language says "I belong here, give me the ball, you can't stop me, I'm better than the guy trying to stop me". I saw Broyld jawing with the D going on and off the field multiple times. Going to be a fan fave.

And from watching Broyld for the first time, he is the exact opposite (i'm not saying broyld should be our qb, just comparing their on field demeanor). Ashton's body language says "I belong here, give me the ball, you can't stop me, I'm better than the guy trying to stop me". I saw Broyld jawing with the D going on and off the field multiple times. Going to be a fan fave.

Hope AB can keep his attitude in check. That has always been his biggest obstacle.

I could'nt agree with you more. I have watched Broyld in hight school and now against D1 talent and he fits into that Cam Newton mold. Broyld may not be ready for this year but in my opinion he should be the starter next year.

I like Broyld (really like Ashton), Sloan, PT Gulley, Foy, Welsh, Reddish, Sharpe, and many other defensive players.

Please that Beaulieu caught a pass and looks like an athlete.

I think the athletic ability of the team has been raised and I think many of the young OL and DL have gotten bigger and stronger.

Hey OPA, I had almost the exact same list. I thought Vigille also looked the part. Jerome Smith physically looked like a different guy but I didn't see much of him running (got there in the 2nd). Really like Sloan and Welsh.

But Broyld is the player everyone will be talking about and that's how it should be.

He should touch the ball on two out of every three downs. He looks lIke the only playmaker on offense.

Hope AB can keep his attitude in check. That has always been his biggest obstacle.

I agree. I was glad to see the team give him special gear to help cover up any possible accidents in the future...

32-02074-Y.jpg

(I know, I know, it isn't even a football jersey... But I could only find an SU jersey picture with the number 1 on it in black.)

But in all seriousness, he looked great, and I'll be excited to see what he brings going forth. I was a little overwhelmed by the aggressiveness of the employees trying to sell the seats, but I went there planning on getting a couple season tickets, and I think I found 2 perfect ones. It was a good plan by the school.

You better not let cusestudent see this you might hurt his feelings with his Nassib/hunt love