Spring game visitor gets visit | Syracusefan.com

Spring game visitor gets visit

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
athlete_69175_profile.jpg

DE Ousmane Camara 6-3 240 Bay Shore, Bayshore NY was paid a visit by SU recently. He has offers from Purdue, UCF & James Madison. Others interested UConn, Pitt, Temple, Maryland, Rutgers, BC, Miami, OSU, Penn St & West Virginia.

Advantage: He has always been a huge SU fan and he has good friends that are already in place here.

3 Star Rating from 247

Soph highlights

Spaz first posted about him back in August

Would love to see him get an offer.

Sounds like ours to lose...looks to have a good frame

True except tomcat in his most recent poll says he thinks 1 DE this year recruiting wise. If so, Ebenezer and him will vie for it? First dibs?

True except tomcat in his most recent poll says he thinks 1 DE this year recruiting wise. If so, Ebenezer and him will vie for it? First dibs?

We'd take both.

No way it's a 1st dibs. You don't pass up someone with the amount of offers like Ebenezer. He is going to be a 4 star, may be a 5 star. He could be that commit that gets us back to recruiting on a really good level.

Pretty sure he's camping at SU. Sounds like a camp commit to me!

I was very happy with the kid we had last time named Ousman

No way it's a 1st dibs. You don't pass up someone with the amount of offers like Ebenezer. He is going to be a 4 star, may be a 5 star. He could be that commit that gets us back to recruiting on a really good level.
Agree. Camara has the size and athletic ability to play a number of positions. When you get a chance to take someone like him, you do it. I hope we offer him soon...he is a good one.

I don't know that any kid is "ours to lose". It will be an uphill battle until we start getting more "Ws" to pitch.

He plays MLB in most of the film I've seen.
He definitely plays MIKE in HS.

I think if he comes to Syracuse, he will probably end up as a DE because he is already 6'3 235 as a junior in HS. Will he stay at that size during college or grow into another position? Most players that size at that age end up well over 250 pounds by the time their college career is over. The exposure to top notch weight lifting, training and nutrition you get an a BCS school makes it hard to not get a lot bigger and stronger.

He definitely plays MIKE in HS.

I think if he comes to Syracuse, he will probably end up as a DE because he is already 6'3 235 as a junior in HS. Will he stay at that size during college or grow into another position? Most players that size at that age end up well over 250 pounds by the time their college career is over. The exposure to top notch weight lifting, training and nutrition you get an a BCS school makes it hard to not get a lot bigger and stronger.

I have no idea about this kid but at some point it would be nice to find a 240lb MIKE.

The coaches visited with him yesterday as well...

Agree. Camara has the size and athletic ability to play a number of positions. When you get a chance to take someone like him, you do it. I hope we offer him soon...he is a good one.
so does this mean SU hasn't offered him as implied in the title? or does the title refer to an offer from a different school (damn you orangeyes ;))

He does not have an offer yet. Hopefully he gets one soon.

I wish we would offer this kid Wyatt Teller from Virginia (Liberty High School) he is a beast and in my neck of the woods. He played MLB, DE, and DT this year and is being recruited as a DT his best position might be LT however