Spring Practice #8: Thurs. March 28, 2019 7:15 AM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Practice #8: Thurs. March 28, 2019 7:15 AM

as Physical as it seems practice is going, why have a spring game and get more guys dinged up
Does it matter if it's a spring scrimmage or a practice? Guys can get injured in either one.

if you are going physical in practice, why do it in a spring game too.

Spring game is just another practice. It's not in addition to what they're already doing, is it? How is a scrimmage open to the public going to cause more injuries than a closed scrimmage/practice?

I’d rather the players get the minor Boo-boos out of the way in spring versus in the middle of the season. While they are resting up others are getting value expeirence as well which helps the team a bit.

I’d rather the players get the minor Boo-boos out of the way in spring versus in the middle of the season. While they are resting up others are getting value expeirence as well which helps the team a bit.
They don't hit each other 100% in season. August and Spring are for showing what you've got. They're going to compete. You never want to lose a guy, but it's unfair to the team to tell them not to do your best.

Because you want a team that is used to hitting hard. It's part of how you make up for a perceived talent gap. If you aren't drawing 4 and 5 star linemen, the ones you have have to learn how to play hard and be physical on every play. You have to install constant effort.

I wish that's how injuries worked but unfortunately no correlation between the two.

Because you want a team that is used to hitting hard. It's part of how you make up for a perceived talent gap. If you aren't drawing 4 and 5 star linemen, the ones you have have to learn how to play hard and be physical on every play. You have to install constant effort.
Yepp. In the spring and summer, all 85 can go 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom