Class of 2019 - Spring/Summer 2018 Visitors | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Spring/Summer 2018 Visitors

Interesting that they're holding a football camp so late; at the end of July. Thats a first to my knowledge. Will be interesting to see if it pays any dividends.

Interesting that they're holding a football camp so late; at the end of July. Thats a first to my knowledge. Will be interesting to see if it pays any dividends.
Last year all the camps were in June but Fall camp for SU started the end of July. It could be because of the longer, 4 week, Dead Period, they are hoping to bring in a few more kids that may have missed the earlier camps because school hadn't ended yet.

Last year all the camps were in June but Fall camp for SU started the end of July. It could be because of the longer, 4 week, Dead Period, they are hoping to bring in a few more kids that may have missed the earlier camps because school hadn't ended yet.

Syracuse camps have always been held in June. Maybe the Dead period has something to do with a late July camp for SU, but over the years I'm pretty sure I had noticed teams in the South always holding July camps. Teams in the North never did that I recall. Whatever the reason this is a first time change for Syracuse. I do not believe it's something new for other schools though, particularly southern schools.

Syracuse camps have always been held in June. Maybe the Dead period has something to do with a late July camp for SU, but over the years I'm pretty sure I had noticed teams in the South always holding July camps. Teams in the North never did that I recall. Whatever the reason this is a first time change for Syracuse. I do not believe it's something new for other schools though, particularly southern schools.

Also seems there has been more participation in off campus camps at other schools.

Saw this article this morning...

FSU football making a statement with Saturday Night Live recruiting event

A truncated recruiting calendar has made the weekend ultra competitive.

“It feels like old January recruiting,” one source told Noles247, referring to the mad dash before National Signing Day in previous years as coaches jockeyed for official visits. Staffs across the country are viewing this weekend in a similar fashion. Since the first three weeks of July fall under a “dead period”, in-person contact and visits between players and coaches are not permitted.

As a result, most major programs have some variation of a camp coming up. Miami’s “Paradise Camp” is on Saturday. Florida’s “Friday Night Lights” is on Friday. Alabama, Georgia, Auburn and Clemson all have events this weekend.