St. Bonaventure | Syracusefan.com

St. Bonaventure

jdubs30

Living Legend
I'm all for rooting for teams we play OOC to do well in order to help our SOS, RPI and other metrics. However, this year our OOC has proven to be so good (I believe our OOC SOS is #8 according to CBS) that we aren't relying on 1 or 2 teams we played to carry our OOC numbers.

After that SBU game a few weeks, I didn't care for a lot of the things that came from their side pre and post game. It just rubbed me the wrong way for whatever reason.

They are heading towards a 2-3 record since they beat us and 2-3 in the A10.

Because of our OOC strength, I think SBU struggling will ultimately help us because they are on the bubble with us.

I almost wonder if they peaked after beating us? They aren't playing nearly as well since then.

The way they celebrated after that game...as many here said, it was their Super Bowl. I think it’s almost impossible to not have a bit of a letdown after being THAT emotionally up for a game. These guys aren’t robots.

Like I told the Bonnies alums that I know...it’s a basic December game, calm down.

We will soon curse the games we gave away to the Bonnies, Deacons, and Irish.

I wasn't able to see the UVA game, but it sounds like we may have been able to pull that one out if we played with any semblance of consistency on offense...and didn't let them get hot from 3 in the 2nd half.

I would not be one bit surprised if this team figures it out and turns it around offensively, but by then it'll be too late to make that run for the Dance.

We have talent. We just don't play a full game and force too many bad shots. To think we could have beaten KU had we only decided to play from the opening tip and not just the second half. My frustration is rooted in where we could/should be now and where we are.

This team scored what, 13 points in the entire second half against us... and won.

One of the worst games I have ever had to witness. Right up there with seemingly half of them the last few seasons.

this team has wasted a ton of pretty solid play, just because they cant shoot better than most 7th grade teams on open shots.

I think the Bonnies game highlights just how horrific a performance that was by the officials. It took one of the worst crews, performing at their absolute worst, to make that loss happen. I mean, we're bad, and we played terrible, but we aren't THAT bad. The officials were though!

Last year's team, bad as they were, had several significant victories over ranked teams: #6 FSU, #9 UVA, #10 Duke. This year's team has played close games against good teams but has yet to come up with that big victory over a ranked team. If SU has dreams of making the tournament, the next 3 games are close to must wins and a win or 2 against teams like UVA, NC, Duke, Miami, Clemson, and Louisville would be VERY helpful.

I'm all for rooting for teams we play OOC to do well in order to help our SOS, RPI and other metrics. However, this year our OOC has proven to be so good (I believe our OOC SOS is #8 according to CBS) that we aren't relying on 1 or 2 teams we played to carry our OOC numbers.

After that SBU game a few weeks, I didn't care for a lot of the things that came from their side pre and post game. It just rubbed me the wrong way for whatever reason.

They are heading towards a 2-3 record since they beat us and 2-3 in the A10.

Because of our OOC strength, I think SBU struggling will ultimately help us because they are on the bubble with us.

I almost wonder if they peaked after beating us? They aren't playing nearly as well since then.
It's much more important that the teams SU has defeated do well than it is teams they have lost to do well.

It helps the SOS I guess but I'm way more invested in how teams like uconn, georgetown, and Buffalo do than Kansas and SBU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom