ST. Joes pummels URI | Syracusefan.com

ST. Joes pummels URI

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
by 30? On the road ? This has to be one of the worst losses (taking into account Team records, margin of loss , and location ) in the history of modern college b-ball

Honestly the most embarrassing beating that I think we ever took.

2005/2006 season...early March at DePaul. We lost by 39 points.

69-108

That was a soul killing game.

I had tickets to that game and ended up not going. Thank goodness.

We've had some bad luck. Arinze Onuaku and Fab going out at key times. We could have had a couple more NCAA Championships.

Then we lost in the first round of the NCAA tourney to Texas A&M.

Such is life if you're a Syracuse basketball fan.

We got hozed facing an underseeded A and M team .. not to mention GMAC could barely walk ...yet supposedly wasn’t hurt

We've had some bad luck. Arinze Onuaku and Fab going out at key times. We could have had a couple more NCAA Championships.
Firmly believe we win the title in 2010 with Arinze. That was not a great Duke team that won. In 2012, it's a tossup whether we beat UK. I think we were 29-1 or something like that with Fab in the lineup

Firmly believe we win the title in 2010 with Arinze. That was not a great Duke team that won. In 2012, it's a tossup whether we beat UK. I think we were 29-1 or something like that with Fab in the lineup
That team with Arinze was our best team ever. Not the most talented, but the best team, and certainly the best team in the country, by a large margin.
Of course, Bob Huggins would have a championship if Kenyon Martin didn't get hurt.

That team with Arinze was our best team ever. Not the most talented, but the best team, and certainly the best team in the country, by a large margin.
Of course, Bob Huggins would have a championship if Kenyon Martin didn't get hurt.

Love the 2010 team but I still think our 2012 team is the best SU team I have seen in 35 years of following the program. UK was incredible that year but our zone gave us a shot against them. 2010 team was definitely the best team in the country that year.

Yep Cincy in the BE tourney was our only loss with him playing. ND and Ohio State were without him and that was it for losses that year.

Love the 2010 team but I still think our 2012 team is the best SU team I have seen in 35 years of following the program. UK was incredible that year but our zone gave us a shot against them. 2010 team was definitely the best team in the country that year.

Agreed

by 30? On the road ? This has to be one of the worst losses (taking into account Team records, margin of loss , and location ) in the history of modern college b-ball

I follow the A10 pretty closesly, and I think it's a huge combination of things. URI hasnt played very well since the very close game to St. Bonaventure in the Reilly Center (they barely squeaked by LaSalle), they have the #1 seed for the A10 conference locked up, and really weird things happen on Senior Nights. Not giving them an excuse, but just a combination of things. At the end of the day, these are 18-22 year old kids and you throw in a couple of various factors, and weird things happen. I think they may be just a tiny bit overrated, but to look into the results of one game on senior night doesn't show the whole picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom