St. John's... NYT suggests they are "NY's College Team" again? | Syracusefan.com

St. John's... NYT suggests they are "NY's College Team" again?

images

Two questions:

What is the second number that St. John's came to rely on in its march back to respectability, or is that to be determined...just like whether they've actually achieved respectability has yet to be determined?

Second, how many times will St. John's be declared to be back before they'll actually have to achieve something upon their return?

Not sure NY is ready to settle for a mediocre team in a middle of the pack conference that is barely at .500 in that conference.

Well they do play all those sports, and recruit nationally and have instant name recognition. The Redmen, right?

Wow, does the NY Times have editors? "Two numbers"?

Scoreboard. Scoreboard. Scoreboard. Who beat who in December? Who owned MSG that night? New York's REAL College Team, the Syracuse Orange.

I commend the Johnnies for beating the Hoyas, but it was simply one mediocre team beating up on another. Neither is even in the race to win the conference. Much ado about nothing.

Well they do play all those sports, and recruit nationally and have instant name recognition. The Redmen, right?
Actually, they have been fairly decent in baseball, soccer, golf, fencing, etc. About the only thing they don't play is D-1 football.

Actually, they have been fairly decent in baseball, soccer, golf, fencing, etc. About the only thing they don't play is D-1 football.
True, but I don't want facts to get in the way of my sarcastic dismissal. Which reminds me, I just read something this morning, probably on here someplace, that sarcasm does not translate well in emails or on message boards. Better to use satire instead.

cto said:

Fencing?

Yup. The most important one though.

they got 10,000 people last night. they aren't even "one of the five boroughs' team".

I didn't actually see anywhere that article where it said St. John's was New York's team. I think it was more just an article indicating they might be "back."