St. Mary's Sanctions | Syracusefan.com

St. Mary's Sanctions

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Syracuse link:

Sources confirmed to ESPN.com that former Saint Mary's assistant David Patrick was interviewed by the NCAA. Patrick, now an assistant coach at LSU, abruptly left the Gaels in 2010 to become a scout for the Houston Rockets. Patrick, who was suspended for a year by the NBA for working out players during the lockout, helped recruit several Saint Mary's players from Australia, notably guard Patty Mills.

Link to list of sanctions - they are pretty harsh:

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...failed+to+monitor+its+mens+basketball+program

Fools. They should learn that you have do these things via 3rd party agents not directly employed by the school. Like UK. Then the school can deny any involvement.

Really guys? David Patrick was only the most important JB recruit next to Ethan Cole. Hand in your fan cards.

Really guys? David Patrick was only the most important JB recruit next to Ethan Cole. Hand in your fan cards.
Absolutely, and he was clearly among the very best two first name players we have ever had, aside from Carmelo Anthony, of course.

Those are real harsh. The Ncaa must have looked at Calipari again and had to do something to St. Mary's.

Reminds me of the time when the NCAA was so mad at UNLV that they put Cleveland State on probation.

Seems like the punishment did not fit the crime. But if they warn you about something, even if not major, you better not ignore it. They have done this with Myck Kabongo as well. Don't lie to us or ignore us after we talk to you, basically

Its interesting though that the NCAA just admitted straight out that it expected St. Mary's to keep an eye on Patrick based purely on some question marks in other programs. Maybe they should do the same for another programs who has a coach with a sketchy past......

Tony Scott?

Michael Lloyd??

I have a question: anyone that I have ever known either named Lloyd or Floyd (who aren't famous) have never gone by the name. They always have a nickname, usually given to them by relatives. Therefore, why would you give the kid the name only to call them something different? Makes no sense.

(disclaimer...I do not intend this question to be a thread hi-jack vehicle...it's more rhetorical in nature. If the thread is hi-jacked, I shoulder no responsibility whatsoever.)

Don't forget:

Jimmy Lee

and

Wendell Alexis
Well damn, David Patrick is even crappy on a list of two first name players to have played for SU. He would be on the bench with Ethan Cole (sorry Iggy). Starting lineup of Etan Thomas, Wendall Alexis, Carmelo Anthony, Michael Lloyd and Sherman Douglas?

Well damn, David Patrick is even crappy on a list of two first name players to have played for SU. He would be on the bench with Ethan Cole (sorry Iggy). Starting lineup of Etan Thomas, Wendall Alexis, Carmelo Anthony, Michael Lloyd and Sherman Douglas?

You forgot John Wallace.

You forgot John Wallace.

I would argue that Wallace is considered more of a surname than a first name. Just in the same way Coleman is, although there are some people with Coleman as a first name. Both are stretches. Not incorrect, just stretches for our little game here.

IIRC. David Patrick was on the 95-96 Cuse team and then transfered.

So long as he's not the son of Mike Patrick I can live with any consequences

I would argue that Wallace is considered more of a surname than a first name. Just in the same way Coleman is, although there are some people with Coleman as a first name. Both are stretches. Not incorrect, just stretches for our little game here.

JOHN WALLACE DEMANDS JUSTICE!!!!

Useless link and research of the day.
http://names.mongabay.com/male_names_alpha.htm

There are apparently 160,000 people named Lloyd, 80,000 named Wallace, and 15,000 named Cole in the US. Only a mere 9,000 are named Coleman.