Staff Salaries | Syracusefan.com

Staff Salaries

javadoc

All American
Fielding guesses or actual knowledge here.

Are we paying more for Shafer's staff than we did for Marrone's last year? If so, how much more (% or absolute $)?

I'm guessing Shafer is getting a little less than Marrone did, but the assistants' salaries add up to more than Marrone's did. Overall I suspect we are paying at least 20% more on salaries.

Are we paying more for Shafer's staff than we did for Marrone's last year? If so, how much more (% or absolute $)?

I'm guessing Shafer is getting a little less than Marrone did, but the assistants' salaries add up to more than Marrone's did. Overall I suspect we are paying at least 20% more on salaries.
Chuck Bullough was making $325K as the UCLA DC in 2010. George McDonald was making $275K as the WR coach for Arkansas. He likely got a raise to come here. Those guys likely are making more than anyone on DM's staff was.

The rest of the new staff is pretty young and likely will be paid at or below the people they are replacing. Adkins probably made more than we will pay Perles. Anselmo made more than the coach that will eventually replace him (ST?, DB?, Both?). I would guess Wheatley and Smith are close to a wash. But Lea will probably make more than we paid Morrison.

I would guess Shafer is making more than DM made before his late raise, but less than what DM was raised to, somewhere in the 1.4-1.5M range.

Salaries for the ACC are quite a bit higher than salaries for BE coaches. Overall, I think we are paying more than we did last year, but will be close to the bottom in terms of pay scale for the ACC.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm
According to this website, Shafer making $1.3m (which is tied for second lowest BCS salary - only Kyle Flood making less at $800,000)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-football-head-coach-salary-database/1715543/
According to USAtoday, Marrone was at $1.259m.

Dont know how accurate they are. USAToday site appears to go all the way out to single dollars and other site appears to round.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm
According to this website, Shafer making $1.3m (which is tied for second lowest BCS salary - only Kyle Flood making less at $800,000)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-football-head-coach-salary-database/1715543/
According to USAtoday, Marrone was at $1.259m.

Dont know how accurate they are. USAToday site appears to go all the way out to single dollars and other site appears to round.

They have always estimated SU salaries since SU doesn't release them. Unless the coaches tell them themselves. But they seem pretty accurate. I know Marrone started at $1.1m so he probably rose to about $1.3 and Shafer is probably getting about the same.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

My guess is Marrone was going to be bumped to 2 to 2.25. Since that was in the budget, there's a couple of 100k.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

My guess is Marrone was going to be bumped to 2 to 2.25. Since that was in the budget, there's a couple of 100k.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Man I really cant blame marrone for leaving if thats wat he was gettin paid even after the success he had, pretty sad

Man I really cant blame marrone for leaving if thats wat he was gettin paid even after the success he had, pretty sad

Except it had zero to do with his leaving. Zero.

And that salary is competitive with his peers.

They have always estimated SU salaries since SU doesn't release them. Unless the coaches tell them themselves. But they seem pretty accurate. I know Marrone started at $1.1m so he probably rose to about $1.3 and Shafer is probably getting about the same.

Every once in a while the Post-Standard comes out with a story about who makes the most at SU. Last I remember (ten years ago?) it was JB and PP, then the Chancellor.

Except it had zero to do with his leaving. Zero.

And that salary is competitive with his peers.

Not exactly true - salaries for DM & staff were an issue up until the contract extension mid way thru last season.

That said, you don't pay a DC or OC with no HC experience top line $$$ either. If true at $1.3 million, that's a fair wage until HCSS proves he can win games and have winning seasons. I suspect that gets bumped with more bowl wins sooner rather than later.

Most importantly, HCSS is starting at a far better starting point than HCDM was at - we should be able to agree on that point - and that is encouraging since we aren't starting all over like we did at the end of the GRob era.

Not exactly true - salaries for DM & staff were an issue up until the contract extension mid way thru last season.

That said, you don't pay a DC or OC with no HC experience top line $$$ either. If true at $1.3 million, that's a fair wage until HCSS proves he can win games and have winning seasons. I suspect that gets bumped with more bowl wins sooner rather than later.

Most importantly, HCSS is starting at a far better starting point than HCDM was at - we should be able to agree on that point - and that is encouraging since we aren't starting all over like we did at the end of the GRob era.

But none of that has anything to do with what I posted.

If coaches got what they were worth, GRob would have gotten $1.30. No M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom