Staff saw Stanley Johnson today | Syracusefan.com

Staff saw Stanley Johnson today

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
2014 wing from the oakland (ca) soldiers according to recruit scoop

Looks like he plays at mater dei, hes 6'8 ranked 16th in his class

Add ben bentil to the list for today

I expect us to hit Cali while Jason hart is working the hs circuit out there.

I just read that Jason Hart and Brandon Triche are cousins. Was this known?

From the Post-standard

"Hart just thinks Triche has what it takes. He should know. He and Triche are cousins. Hart's mother, whose maiden name is Triche, is the cousin of former SU player Howard Triche, Brandon's uncle."

I knew they were cousins I just didn't know how...3rd cousins

I find that thought interesting. The whole J. Hart thing was such fustercluck at the start and he was treated so poorly by the fans, that I am happily surprised he would be pushing SU. :D

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Who was the last meaningful recruit SU got out of CA? Hart 15 years ago? Outside of Hart's HS is it really worthwhile to spend time recruiting California kids?

Who was the last meaningful recruit SU got out of CA? Hart 15 years ago? Outside of Hart's HS is it really worthwhile to spend time recruiting California kids?

Tony bland, i dont count sean williams for obvious reasons lol

Taylor King lived up to the McDonald's all-American hype. So did David and Travis Wear. Do did Larry Drew II... wait......

Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop)
4/17/12 8:04 PM

Arizona's Sean Miller & an assistant saw 2014 Oakland Soldiers (CA) SF Stanley Johnson workout today. Syracuse was in on Monday.

Johnson is a beast...Was the best player on Mater Dei at times this year with Katin Reinhardt (Unlv) and Xavier Johnson (Colorado) on his team.. Down the stretch in big games he was the go to guy. He can do a lot of things and has a ton of upside. He's a big time recruit in that 2014 class we haven't had much success getting Mater Dei kids to the east coast though...

I just read that Jason Hart and Brandon Triche are cousins. Was this known?
Strange, I just heard it on only one game telecast late this year. Never remember hearing it before either.

If we can get players like Stevie Thompson, LeRon Ellis, and Mike Hopkins again, I'd say it was worth the effort.