Stall Ball (For the Entire Game) | Syracusefan.com

Stall Ball (For the Entire Game)

RollOrange

Walk On
There is nothing worse than watching that crap for an entire game. Should this become more of a trend going forward, will the NCAA have the balls to shorten the shot clock? Honestly, because it's come to the point that it's unbearable to watch.

In a perfect world NCAA plays with a 24 second shot clock

been saying that for a long time.. rewarding teams for not trying to score is a bad thing. USF was not even trying to make plays for 20-25 secs a possession.. more possessions, more shots, more scoring, more fun to watch.

Absolutely not. This is not the NBA. One of the great things about college ball is that there ar so many different styles of play that define each team. I may not love them all (as there are a lot of people, even here, who don't like the 2-3 zone) but I appreciate that a team like USF or ND has a distinct style and execute it well and win. If we start heading down the NBA road, then the game starts to become very homogenized.

Honestly, they may not have much of a choice but to address it at some point. It's awful to watch and I'd imagine quite a few fans will be turned off by it. I was bored to tears watching that game last night. If I was JB, I would have kept pressing even when we were up 14. That took them completely out of their comfort zone and hurried the pace.

The more I watch games this year the more I(and I hate to say this) realize that Charles Barkley was right last year during his studio job during the tournament. Shooting percentages are horrid. There are not to many players that can consistently hit mid range jumpers. You either get dunks or 3 pointers. They need to drop the shot clock to 24 seconds. Move the 3 point line back to the NBA line, and call 3 seconds. Also, this throw the ball back court on under the basket out of bounds is ridiculous. Why the NBA ever changed it to the college rule is beyond me. Also, the officials need to stop going to the monitor everytime they think something needs to be changed. Games last a hell of a lot longer than they used to. Oh and as dickie v says jump balls need to be jumps balls and not alternating possession. These games get harder to watch each passing night