Standing ovation for our beloved Orange | Syracusefan.com

Standing ovation for our beloved Orange

BludOrange

All Conference
This FAN would like to thank this year's team for all the great memories they have provided. Pounding Nova after being down quite a bit. Beating the Pitt brawlers twice, one in dramatic fashion. Withstanding Duke and their 15 3's at the Dome in a game for the ages. Going 25-o to start the campaign. Along with many other memories that provided great water cooler talk throughout the season. I am proud to be a part of the Otto-Man Empire and think our team deserves a round of applause for their efforts this year. A year in which many had us buried for dead before it started, due to the loss of J-South, MCW and Triche. All in all, it was a very good season. Thanks again JB and crew.

otto3.jpg

Sad to see so many on the board blaming players or JB, I'd rather praise and thank them for all they have done. They deserve our support, not our criticisms.

Always applaud the team at the end of the year. We are always a good team and rarely great. That said, this team went from one of my favorite all time SU teams to watch to one of the most frustrating in a matter of 4 weeks. What we did vs Carleton carried into Maui, the non conf and then through 3/4 of the ACC. At that point we lost our identity and forgot how to shoot. Thats it. period. Our D was fine, but we dont have shooters and wont have any next yr. Im not surprised by this finish, but it kills me to know that we could have beaten anyone in this tournament if we played well.

Looking at the grand scheme of things, no team wins a title year in year out. Maybe this is a tough loss to take but IT may lead to a title next season. The team not finishing strong may drop Ennis' and Grant's stock enough for them not to make the jump to the league. If they stay, this team will be loaded and IMO, a much better chance at winning a title than this year's team had.